Summer at Privet Drive

CHAPTER 8 - Summer at Privet Drive

THE TRAIN RIDE BACK to Kings Cross was fun for Taylor. She got to spend time with her 2 best friends, and her cousin. Of course, the whole sorcerer's stone mission did make her grow closer to Ron, but she still knew that she would probably always choose Fred and George or Ginny. However, she was still glad that Ron had made new friends. She knew that he always felt like he was being overshadowed by his brothers, but he was still special in his own way. Hermione never had friends before Hogwarts, being an outcast. It made Taylor happy how much she had grown out of her shell and changed from a bossy know-it-all to a friendly and nice know-it-all. However, most of all, Taylor was happy for Harry. He grew so much over the year, and not only physically because she knew that the Dursleys did not feed him that well. He was less shy than before and laughed more around her. He was finally finding his place, even though he would always be modest and prefer to stay in the background. He found a real passion for Quidditch and had a new family at Hogwarts, and Taylor couldn't be happier for her best friend.

The conversation was about Quidditch, books, coming over for summer, and the adventures they had that school year. As they left the train, Taylor met up with the Weasleys and agreed to stay over for the second summer, and would hope that Harry would come too. Harry met with the Dursleys and Taylor met with her mum to go home. Taylor would have wanted more than anything to come over and take Harry home with them instead of with the Dursleys, but her mum was right. If the Dursleys knew that they were witches, then Harry certainly would not be allowed to spend any more time with them. So, she let it go and decided to visit Harry the next day when he would be doing chores outside.

This routine would happen everyday. Harry would go outside to do chores, and Taylor would meet with him, just like before Hogwarts. However, now they had more to talk about of course with the Wizarding World. She noticed that Harry seemed a little gloomy and it wasn't until she talked about a letter from Hermione that she found out why. Apparently, Ron nor Hermione had sent him a single letter, which was very confusing to Taylor. After that chore session, she sent a letter to Ron and Hermione, asking if they sent any letter to Harry. A few days letter, the response came. Taylor was very confused. She waited until Harry would come out and then went to him, letters in hand.

"Harry, are you sure you haven't got any letters from Ron or Hermione?"

"No"

"But look," she said as she shoved the letter into his hands. Both Ron and Hermione had said that they sent him plenty of letters, but Harry never responded to any of them, and that they were starting to get worried.

"What? But I haven't gotten a single letter, and I can't send them any because Hedwig's locked up!"

"Don't worry, wait here," she ran back into the door with a quill and some parchment. She had also opened the window for Tawny to come out.

"Here, write a letter telling them that you haven't gotten any letters, as well as anything you usually write. I'll finish weeding the garden so that your aunt doesn't get mad. Then, I'll send it off with Tawny, alright?"

Harry nodded, and went to writing, but didn't notice a certain house elf watching Harry and Taylor with a frown on his face. "Dobby must make sure that young girl does not make Harry Potter want to go back to Hogwarts. If Harry Potter still wants to go to Hogwarts, Dobby will make sure that Harry Potter will not be allowed to come to Hogwarts." An idea sprouted in his head and he disappeared with a crack.

The next week, she noticed some visitors coming to the Dursley house. She watched as the window up top was occupied with Harry sitting there. She sighed, knowing that Harry probably wouldn't come out today. As she gazed out the window, she made out a few noises. Some thumping on the floor, a loud crack, and then a scream. She watched as the lady who had come to the Dursleys ran out with cake in her hair, her husband following behind. She let out a giggle at the hilarious scene, but then realized that Harry would be in trouble for that, big trouble.