The Break-Up

CHAPTER 23 - The Break-Up

Taylor 3rd Person POV

The last DA meeting before the holidays were sad but exciting at the same time. They were working on new spells such as "Reducto" which Ginny was very good at. Everyone was sad that they wouldn't be meeting again until after the break, but also excited because they were planning on learning Patronuses after the holidays. Everyone was filing out when Taylor went back to ask the twins something. She didn't see them around, and was just about to turn around when she saw movement out of the corner of her eye. She saw Cho and Harry. Kissing. Taylor felt a tight squeeze in her stomach. She turned around again and walked out, without them noticing.

Why are you so upset? You shouldn't be upset! Harry got Cho! Harry really likes Cho and they're kissing. You should be happy for them. You're in a relationship so why shouldn't he be in one? Thoughts like these raced through her minds and she was walking unconsciously until she ran into the twins. Right, I was looking for them. All thoughts of Harry and Cho were swept out of her mind as she told the twins about a new charm that would work well for their products.

Hermione 3rd Person POV

When Hermione found out that Harry and Cho kissed, she immediately called another Operation Tarry meeting. Seeing as she was currently talking with the twins, the other members of the club went into the 5th year girls' dorm as before. Lavender and Parvati were already in there and Ginny had just gone to get Luna. At first, the girly girls didn't want her there, considering she was 'odd' but after her idea, they immediately welcomed her into their group. Outsiders were a bit confused when Luna would sit with the rather popular girls of Gryffindor, but dismissed it.

"Ok, Luna you're here. We need to hold another Operation Tarry meeting."

"Don't you think we should change the name? If Taylor reads it, she's bound to figure it out."

"You're right. But we'll think of something else later. Harry kissed Cho." This immediately caused gasps and exclamations of "He did not!"

"And Taylor saw it." Once again erupting in sighs and gasps.

"So now we need to break up Cho and Harry." This time, Ginny came up with the idea.

"Listen, Harry is basically one of my brothers and we know how Ron and the others are right? Well, they are not romantic. If someone could convince Cho," she said while looking at Lavender and Parvati "to take her to a really overromantic place, then he might not want to go out anymore."

"Ok, who should suggest this? We're all Gryffindors except for Luna, but..." she trailed off.

"Cho and I don't really get along. It's fine though. She is good friends with your twin though Parvati."

"Perfect, so I'll talk to Padma, maybe we should get her in on the operation?"

"No, I don't think so. If she's good friends with Cho, she might tell her."

"I know my twin, she would never say that if we told her to not tell anyone."

"I still think that we need to keep it secret for now -"

"What secret?" asked Taylor who just opened the door.

They all stared at her.

"Sounds like you're talking about me if you wouldn't invite me to your little hang," she said with a small glare. Thankfully, used to gossip, Lavender was able to come up with an excuse quickly.

"Well, we were just congratulating Ginny and Luna on their relationship, but they said they wanted to keep it secret for now. They were going to tell you later because you were busy with the Weasley twins." This seemed to do the trick because at once, Taylor was congratulating them, even though in the back of her mind she still thought that they were hiding something.