The Battle of the Astronomy Tower

Chapter 31 - The Battle of the Astronomy Tower

Harry came back with the news that Voldemort had created horcruxes... and not just one, but seven. Hermione scoured through the whole library looking for information about horcruxes, but wasn't able to find anything. Meanwhile, Harry was continuing his spying on Malfoy and Taylor and Ron were catching up, seeing as they were both happy that the relationship with Lavender had ended.

However, the good mood didn't last long as one day, Harry came back with the news that he had gotten detention for the rest of the year because he had nearly murdered Draco Malfoy. Even though it wasn't necessarily his fault, because he didn't know what the spell did, she agreed with Hermione that the book was not a good idea. However, that wasn't the main problem because of the quidditch game. Taylor once again took the role of seeker while letting the back-up chaser, Demelza, take over.

When the game was over after a perfect game, Harry walked in and Taylor ran up to him, kissing him in front of the entire common room. Ron looked a bit annoyed at the public display of affection, Hermione looked excited, and Romilda Vane looked furious. Nonetheless, the rumours were confirmed, seeing as they hadn't actually before, and everyone at Hogwarts started talking more about the couple.

Taylor's birthday also came up, where she was finally of age, getting a huge party from her cousins, friends, and boyfriend.

Things were going well, until Harry got a note from Dumbledore, needing to see him in his office. He returned with the news that he was going to leave that night to get one of the horcruxes with Dumbledore, but told them to take some of the liquid luck and keep a lookout around Snape and the room of requirement. He quickly left and they informed the DA, which lead to Luna and Neville showing up. They assigned Luna, Hermione, and Ginny to stay outside Snape's office while Ron, Neville, and Taylor watched the Room of Requirement.

It happened quickly, as sounds came from the room and they were instantly surrounded by darkness. It immediately broke out into a battle, but thanks to the liquid luck, most of the spells seemed to miss their target. Taylor was able to stun one of the death eaters before moving on to another fight, where she was aided by Tonks who had come along with the rest of the Order.

The battle moved on quickly, and Taylor was fighting various death eaters and was now joined by Ginny when Snape came and went through a wall that Draco Malfoy had just walked through. However, when trying herself, she wasn't able to get in. She supposed that Snape must have been fighting for their side, however, she kept her suspicions from what Harry had told her in the back of her head.

Before she could grasp what was happening, sending stunning spells left and right, Snape came through again followed by Malfoy and other death eaters. However, before she could do anything a spell hit her from behind and everything went blank, vaguely hearing Harry's voice yell something.

Taylor woke up to a blinding brightness that could only belong to a hospital wing and was able to make out a bit of the conversation before Madame Pomfrey realized she was awake and rushed over. She opened her eyes and made out the room, seeing her mother at the end of her bed, and the Weasleys surrounding another bed. She immediately sat up, trying to make out who was in the other bed, but her mother tackled her down in a bone-crushing hug.

"H-hi mum," she said softly, realizing that her mouth felt very dry.

"Oh, Taylor! I was so worried, you were passed out for a week! They didn't know the spell that the Death Eater used on you, so we-we weren't sure -" she started exclaiming before Taylor cut her off.

"I'm alright, don't worry. It couldn't have been that bad, I feel fine. Who's over there?" By then, the Weasleys and Hermione realized that Taylor was awake and rushed over, blocking her view of the other bed.