Summer of Silence

CHAPTER 25 - Summer of Silence

THE NEXT FEW DAYS went by slowly and quickly at the same time. Taylor was stuck in the hospital wing for a few days until she was allowed out, but still came in every now and then to check on Hermione and Ron. Little was seen of Harry for the next few days (Neville said that he would stay in bed all the time) and the portraits were saying that he threw a fit in Dumbledore's office. Taylor let him be, because he probably needed some time alone. Either way, she would be able to talk to him that summer.

A few things happened during that time including Ron learning of Ginny's relationship with Luna. At first, it took some time for him to understand, but then he decided to make a joke about it and said, "Great, I already have enough brothers, don't need a brother-in-law." They all laughed about this, even though Ginny brought up the fact that they didn't know anything about Charlie's love life.

Ron tried to get him to come down for the leaving feast, but Taylor just told him and Hermione to go down and she would be there later. She lightly knocked on the door. With no response, she opened it and went over to where Harry was sitting, and leaned against the bedpost.

"Hey," she said softly.

He seemed to have just realized that she was there and gave a small nod of acknowledgment.

"Aren't you going to the feast?" he asked.

"Nah, too overrated. Besides, I don't even know if Gryffindor will win this year, with the 'Inquisitorial Squad' and all."

"Professor McGonagall added some last points, to Ravenclaw too for Luna."

"Well that's good, but the twins and I were joking about how it would be great to have the lowest amount of points in history. Set a record y'know?"

He let out a soft chuckle at this, and Taylor smiled.

"Ron told me you were up here packing, but I don't see why that means we shouldn't eat dessert, right? Luna convinced me of how good the pudding is. I can't believe I never ate it! In all my years at Hogwarts, I never tried the pudding."

"Yeah, alright."

"Cheer up! Enjoy your last few hours of freedom until you only have me for the rest of the summer."

They quickly finished packing and made their way down to the feast, just in time for dessert, because they ran in with Luna on the way. The train ride home was a bit quiet, but soon enough Ron, Taylor, and Harry started a conversation on Quidditch, Hermione started reading a book, and Ginny rested on Luna's shoulder while reading the Quibbler.

Another year was over.

Taylor 3rd Person POV

Taylor greeted Mrs. Weasley, and then went to her mum, watching as Mad-Eye, Mr. Weasley, and Remus seemed to be threatening Mr. Dursley.

Once Taylor had gotten home and unpacked, she laid on her bed, thinking about the past few weeks' events. There was a sort of eerie silence around the house, or even the neighborhood. Even though she could hear the tee kettle downstairs and a few children playing in their front yards. She made her way to the window that she used to always look outside, at the boy across the road, in Number 4 Privet Drive. All those years ago, she couldn't believe that she had met Harry Potter. Now, she looked back and thought, she couldn't believe she had met the best friend that she had ever known. He probably wasn't there yet, seeing as her mum had chosen to apparate her home instead of using the car that she used to.

She waited there for a while, looking out at Privet Drive, until a rather good-looking car pulled up in the driveway of Number 4. She had no idea why she did, what had possessed her to do it, but she ran out the door, making her hair blonde as she went, and walked up to where Vernon Dursley was now talking to Harry.