The Quidditch World Cup

CHAPTER 14 - The Quidditch World Cup

ON THE TRAIN RIDE HOME, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Taylor were talking about their plans for the summer. Even with Hermione being not interested in Quidditch what-so-ever, they talked non stop about the Quidditch World Cup. Taylor was busy telling Hermione how amazing Quidditch is while Harry and Ron were thinking of the best way to get him here. Taylor joined in on this conversation, saying that the Dursleys probably won't like floor powder. They decided that Harry would walk to the park, where he would meet Taylor. Then, Taylor would take them back to her house, where they would use the floor to get to the Burrow. When asked why Harry couldn't just walk over to Taylor's house, she said "The Dursleys still don't know that my household is magic. They tolerate me going outside, even if they don't know I talk to Harry. If they knew that I was a witch, they would not be so welcoming, even though they aren't, and I probably would never be able to see Harry outside of school. They would probably lock Harry in his room or something. That's why they still can't know that I'm a witch or my mum."

When the train stopped, all four of them went quickly to the Weasleys. They talked about the exact plan for heading to the World Cup with Mrs. Prewett and the Grangers. After a quick good-bye to the Weasleys and Luna, Taylor went to look for the Dursleys with Harry. When found, she went back to her mum, and left with a short hug.

The next few weeks were spent only talking about the Quidditch World Cup. Taylor told Harry all about the important players and the teams that would be playing. Soon enough, the day came. Taylor had transformed her hair and face so that it would be unrecognizable. She also strategically laid one of Fred and George's sweets on the way to the park. She had promised Fred and George that she would prank Dudley, and then seemed like the perfect time. They left the park right before watching Dudley erupt in yellow feathers and flood to the Burrow. After giving Fred and George a picture of the successful prank, Taylor went to the room she was sharing with Hermione and Ginny, while Harry went to Ron's room.

She plopped down her bag and turned to where Hermione and Ginny were sitting.

"Hey, what are we talking about?"

"Boys," said Hermione, as if it explained everything.

"Really, and is it annoying boys, boys we fancy, boys that fancy us, famous boys, or boys that we so happen to call our cousins or brothers..." and the conversation went on from there. They learned that Hermione did, in fact, have a crush on Ron (even though she wouldn't admit it she blushed whenever the name came up) and that Ginny didn't even know if she liked boys. Taylor had a better poker face and she enjoyed talking about her friends' love lives much more than her own.

Soon, Ginny and Taylor steered the topic over to Quidditch as Hermione submersed herself in one of her books. Eventually, they went to bed and woke up the next day to go to the Quidditch World Cup.

They walked together to the portkey where they met Cedric and Amos Diggory along with a Ravenclaw 5th year whose name was Matthew, or Matt as he liked to be called, Parker and his father. He had short brown hair with blue eyes. When he looked around, he seemed to land on Taylor for just a second longer than everyone else. After all of the introductions, they went to the portkey and off to the World Cup.

Ginny and Taylor decided to go meet Luna and then return to watch the match. Even Hermione was in awe as they watched the game go down. She seemed to be looking a lot extra at Krum, but everyone did really. Soon enough, the game was over and everyone went back to the tents. After a while, noises could be heard outside of the tent, and Mr. Weasley told everyone to get out. There were Death Eaters. Taylor ran off with Hermione, Ron, and Harry. They ran into Luna and Taylor grabbed her and ran. They made it into the forest when they realized Harry wasn't with them.

"Luna, go find your father, we'll find Harry." She quickly nodded and ran off. Hermione, Ron, and Taylor took out their wands to look for him. Eventually, they found Harry along with a house elf and some ministry officials. Hermione nudged her, and Taylor looked up to see the dark mark.