Infiltrating the Ministry

Chapter 34 - Infiltrating the Ministry

Taylor faintly called Harry and Ron over, where they all came to the same conclusion. Regulus was R.A.B. He must have gone for the horcrux, and died trying to get it. Harry called Kreacher, who explained what had happened. He ordered Kreacher to find Mundungus, and things were finally looking slightly up.

They had gotten news from Arthur that everyone was safe, and Kreacher was hopefully going to lead them to another horcrux.

Time at Grimmauld Place was quite boring, but it was better than nothing. Finally, after days and days of waiting, Kreacher apparated downstairs, with Mundungus clearly trying to get away.

The information they got from Mundungus was not necessarily what they wanted, but it was useful. Umbridge had forced Mundungus to hand over the locket, and she was currently residing in the ministry. For the next few weeks, they planned the best way to get into the ministry and steal the locket mixing up polyjuice potion, the twins' sweets, and Taylor's metamorphagus abilities.

One day, Harry finally decided to do it. The point he gave was valid, as there was no way to perfectly plan the invasion and it wouldn't do any good to wait any longer. So, the next morning, they apparated together to the Ministry of Magic.

Hermione was first, stunning a lady who worked in law enforcement along with another woman who seemed to be her friend for Taylor, and then Harry and Ron by using sweets to convince them to go home. Taylor was the easiest, being able to transform herself into the lady while the others used polyjuice potion. Taylor did not envy them in the slightest.

However, the actual invasion lead to problems. First, Ron was separated, having to fix a raining office, and then Umbridge herself requested Hermione and Taylor to go with her.

The muggleborn registration was absolutely despicable. It took all of Taylor's willpower not to curse Umbridge right then and there. It was quite boring and Taylor had to use her concentration to make sure her hair didn't turn a deep gray from the depressing dementors. This went on for a bit longer before a voice whispered in her ear. Luckily, she didn't jump, recognizing Harry's voice, even though Hermione let out a little squeak which Umbridge fortunately didn't notice.

They had recognized the necklace that Umbridge was wearing, with a snake-like S twisted into it. The calm, however, disappeared as soon as Harry sent a stunner towards Umbridge.

Everything turned to chaos.

Taylor tried to focus on her metamorphosing but found it hard as she used her wand to cast a quick lioness Patronus, keeping the dementors at bay. They rushed the muggleborns out, and Taylor couldn't help her hair from getting a few pale white streaks from the lady's original dirty blonde.

With quick acting, Harry got them through, though it was nearly too late. A ministry worker yelled out, stopping them, but Taylor grabbed Harry and her other arm reached out to Hermione. With a twist, Hermione had apparated, only for them to reenter the tube of nothingness for another second. When the sensation of apparition disappeared, Taylor looked around to see them in the middle of a forest that looked somewhat familiar.

However, her attention was taken away from the surroundings when she saw Ron lying nearby, covered in blood. She let out a strangled yell, gathering the other's attention. They quickly ran there, Taylor forgetting all about her appearance and letting it take over a ghostly white in fear. She could barely focus as Hermione yelled out instructions and Harry grabbed something from the bag. She was hyperventilating, worrying about what could happen when luckily, the potion seemed to work.

She was brought back to reality when Hermione called out to get the tent, and Taylor quickly got up to search the bag. Being able to take a closer look around, she realized that it was the forest from the Quidditch World Cup.

The next few days in the forest was boring, as they tried to figure out the locket, even though it seemed to be protected by dark magic. They took turns wearing the locket though the Horcrux affected Taylor terribly, as well as Harry, Hermione, and Ron. Luckily, Hermione had brought a portrait from Grimmauld Place of Phineas Nigellus which helped them keep up with what was going on at Hogwarts.

As Harry and Taylor took shifts to guard the area, however, Hermione and Ron spent time talking behind their backs. Taylor noticed this slightly, as Ron had told her about the disappointment in the lack of progress. Taylor knew that things weren't going as quickly as imagined, especially now that they were in the middle of nowhere, but there was nothing else they could do.

One evening, Ron started to voice these concerns and both him and Taylor go into an argument before Harry quieted them, telling them he had heard something in the distance.

It turned out to be 3 goblins, Dean Thomas, and Ted Tonks. They had talked about what was going on at Gringotts and Hogwarts. The news of the Sword of Gryffindor was especially important, as the two girls and Harry started talking about where the real version could be hidden.

"Forgotten about me, have you?" came Ron's voice.

"Quick, come here!" said Taylor rushedly, but Ron didn't move. What happened next, Taylor was not ready for. She didn't even know how they got to it, but Ron was leaving.

Tears flowing down her face, she couldn't abandon Harry and Hermione, but she couldn't have Ron leave alone. Harry and Hermione would be alright together, but Ron would be by himself. With the last second thinking, she ran out the door, grabbing her small bag that held her mirror and a change of clothes, saying quietly, "I'm sorry."

She chased Ron without listening to Hermione and Harry yelling behind her, but grabbed Ron's shoulder as he turned with a crack.