The Fight

Chapter 28 - The Fight

The Slug Club meeting actually went well, as Taylor was able to just stick with Hermione and try to avoid Cormac McLaggen. She also ended up meeting one of her and Ginny's idols, Gwenog Jones. They had always been fans of the Holyhead Harpies and dreamed that they would join the team together as it's chasers.

Soon enough, the first Hogsmeade weekend came and they all made their way to the Three Broomsticks. They had a quick encounter with Ginny and Luna who were there on a date as they gave Harry a note that held Dumbledore's next meeting.

As they had left, Ron started to grumble about Ginny and her date. Apparently, the fact that Ginny was dating anyone really still didn't sink in on him.

"Like, it's only her fifth year! Why does she have to be dating anyone?" he asked as the two girls had gotten out of his sight. Taylor started laughing.

"First of all, they've been dating since their third or fourth year, I think. And also, this is Luna Lovegood. Luna Lovegood! Do you really think that she would hurt Ginny, or anyone?" Taylor responded.

"I don't know, she was definitely able to kick some Death Eater arse," said Harry with a slight chuckle.

Taylor, Ron, and Hermione had to hold Harry back as Mundungus had arrived with a bag full of Sirius' stuff. Though he and the others were enraged at the thief, Taylor was able to get Harry to turn around, but still with a scowl on his face. It gave Taylor great pleasure to see Matt Parker with Cho Chang as they walked back to the castle, though Ron was instantly throwing glares and was put into a fowl mood for the rest of the day.

"How, could he just move on so quickly! He was so annoying, I've always said it. And with Harry's ex!"

"Honestly, I don't mind. I'm glad that he moved on, and what does the fact that it's Harry's ex have anything to do with it?"

"Because, well y-" but Ron was cut off when Hermione stepped on his foot and he turned red. Harry and Taylor looked at each other with confused and amused faces. As they were walking back to the castle, however, the good (though a bit grumpy) mood was taken away as Katie Bell was lifted up off of the ground after she had touched a necklace, screams piercing through the air. After questioning, Harry was even more sure about his Malfoy theory, but Taylor continued to side with Hermione and Ron, saying that there simply was no proof.

A few days later, on the way back from Quidditch practice, they accidentally had walked in on Ginny and Luna, but even though Ron was slightly disgruntled from seeing his younger sister snog anyone, he was even more furious when he heard that Taylor had snogged Matt, and even more when Hermione had snogged Krum. Ron stormed up to bed and Taylor and Harry shared glances. They were saying the same thing: If only they would bloody get together already. Little did they know that Ron and Hermione were secretly thinking the same thing.

Ron was cold towards Hermione the next day and Taylor explained to the best of her capabilities of what happened. The situation forced the group to split up as Taylor spent more time with Hermione while Harry talked with Ron. This gave Taylor and Harry very little time alone, but it was the measures that had to be taken so that neither of the friends would curse the other into oblivion.

Eventually, the next Quidditch match was coming up. Due to Katie being in St. Mungo's, a girl in Ginny's year, Demelza took her place as chaser. Taylor saw Harry pretend to drop the Felix Felicis into Ron's drink and she knew that the plan was enacted.

"Harry! You put something in Ron's drink!" she acted.

Harry, hiding his grin, played oblivious. "What? No I didn't," he said while tucking the bottle clearly into his pocket.

Taylor gasped, still faking the act, but was interrupted by someone else. Hermione told Ron not to drink it, but due to Hermione's protests, he immediately did. The plan worked perfectly and the three of them went off to the match. The game went perfectly with Taylor scoring half of all of the goals, Ron blocking almost every shot, and Harry catching the snitch. Hermione had caught up with them and started scolding Harry until Taylor disclosed that it was truly fake and that Harry still had the whole bottle of liquid luck. As they returned to the Gryffindor Common Room for the party, they were met with a sight that none of them truly wanted to see: Ron and Lavender snogging in the middle of the common room. Taylor turned around and saw Harry give a look that said he was going to talk to her, and she decided that she would have to give Ron a talk to.

Harry went to look for Hermione and found her in an empty classroom.

"Hey," he said softly. Hermione looked up and quickly wiped away her tears.

"Hi, just practicing," she replied, looking up at the birds that flew around her head.

"Er.. they're good," he sat on a chair next to Hermione and was going to say something to her when the door burst open to Lavender and Ron giggling.

"Oops! Looks like this room is taken," she said and grabbed Ron's arm to move back. However, Ron was chased out by the birds viciously attacking him. This was in addition to a shout that came from further away.

"RONALD BILIUS WEASLEY!" came Taylor's voice.

Now that Ron and Lavender were out, Hermione's tears started falling loosely and she turned to Harry. Harry, who hated to see the girl who was basically his sister cry, gave her a hug and allowed her to cry.

Sniffling, she said softly, "Well, at least Taylor's still single."

This took him off guard. He pulled back a little, looking confused. Hermione started chuckling softly at his strange look.

"Not for me, you idiot. I see the way you look at her."

"W-what?"

"I can tell. You're basically my brother. She fancies you too, you know?"

Sighing, knowing that Hermione probably would find out anyway, he said, "N-no, she doesn't. Besides, she's said that she's happy single for so long now. She doesn't like me like that."

"She doesn't know it yet. I can't believe it, but Tay's even more oblivious than both you and Ron combined. But she does." And with that, they both hugged each other again, thinking of the cousins that they couldn't stop thinking about.

Meanwhile, Taylor and Ron were having a completely different conversation.

"E-excuse me? What are you doing here?" asked Lavender, slightly breathlessly, as Taylor walked into the classroom that she and Ron had found.

"Shove off, I need a word with my dear cousin." With Taylor's bright red hair and terrifying glare, Lavender quickly left the room and Ron gulped, knowing that he was in some sort of trouble.

Knowing that Lavender was out of earshot, Taylor rounded on the boy. "How could you?! Do you even think of anyone else's feelings? Are you that desperate to snog someone?"

Stuttering and terrified of Taylor's gaze, he responded, "I-I don't know what or you you're talking about. I'm single, I don't have any reason why I can't snog who I like."

Rolling her eyes, still with ferocious red hair, she simply said, "You're pathetic. And you know who I'm talking about." And that was right. Ron obviously knew that she was talking about Hermione. But did she actually like him? Did he actually like her? He honestly didn't know, but he knew that he had a very guilty feeling in his stomach.

Walking to the door and not turning around, Taylor said, "You really broke her this time, Ronald Weasley."