The Goblet of Fire

CHAPTER 15 - The Goblet of Fire

AFTER THE DISASTER at the Quidditch World Cup, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Taylor were talking a lot about what was happening. Apparently, a house-elf got disowned which lead Hermione to constantly talking about house-elf rights. Though it annoyed Taylor, she dealt with it and escaped to Harry and Ron whenever she could. In addition, she spent a lot of time with the twins, who were working on strange sweets and items that they wanted to put into a joke shop. She had no idea how they were going to pull it off, but believed that they would be able to do it, so she helped them whenever they needed it. Soon enough, it was time to go to Hogwarts already. Mr. Weasley had been talking about some big event that was going to happen, and Malfoy had also bragged about knowing about it, so Taylor and the others were very keen on learning about what it was.

Taylor stopped to pet the thestrals before going into the Great Hall (she had been going out into the forests with Luna during their spare time because she could see them as well). There, everything went along as usual, however, when Dumbledore gave his start of school speech, he announced that they would be holding the Triwizard Tournament and that two other schools, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be visiting for most of the year. Taylor thought it would be exciting, but definitely wouldn't want to sign herself up, even if she could. The last three years had been enough adventure for her. Harry agreed.

The next few weeks were filled with excitement for the upcoming tournament and for the new students. Some students (the Weasley twins) were talking about how to trick the judge into allowing them to enter the tournament. Some students (Harry, Taylor, and Hermione) talked about the whole tournament and how fun it would be to watch. Some students (Parvati and Lavender) were more excited for the upcoming Yule Ball and were already thinking about who the best dates would be.

The only thing that happened during those weeks that were important was that Taylor had run into Matt quite a few times since the World Cup and that Taylor had noticed Harry constantly staring at Cho Chang, the Ravenclaw seeker. She always felt a twinge of something in her stomach when she caught him staring, but didn't know what it was. Rona nad Hermione were fighting over everything as usal.

Soon enough, the other schools arrived and the Goblet of Fire was uncovered. Taylor, Harry, and Ron spent a lot of time in the Great Hall doing homework, watching others put their names in the Goblet of Fire. Hermione was in the library most of the time. Luna and Ginny joined them sometimes, but usually stayed in the library or one of their common rooms, and Taylor couldn't help but notice that they were spending a lot of time together.

Some of the best moments were when the Weasley twins tried to put their name in, but were shot out due to their age. Taylor and Ron would never stop teasing them about it. She watched as Viktor Krum, the Quidditch seeker from the World Cup from Durmstrang, Fleur Delacour, a part veela from Beauxbatons, Cedric Diggory, from the World Cup, and Angelina Johnson put their names in. Taylor was hoping that Angelina would win for Hogwarts, but supposed that it wouldn't be too bad if Cedric did. After all, the Hufflepuff house never got that much recognition, and she would be happy for them if they had a champion in the tournament.

Taylor also had the same classes as last year, but had a new teacher for their DADA class, 'Mad-Eye' Alastor Moody. He definitely had an interesting style of teaching. Taylor supposed that he was definitely better than Lockhart and Quirrel, but was still very strange.

Soon enough, Halloween came. This would be the day where they announced the Triwizard Tournament Champions. Nobody was really surprised when Viktor Krum won for Durmstrange. Taylor was excited when Fleur Delacour won for Beauxbatons because she seemed nice enough when she had talked to her before. Cedric Diggory was the champion for Hogwarts. Though Taylor was slightly disappointed, she was still happy and thought that he would do a great job. It took everyone for surprise, when the Goblet of Fire erupted another name, Harry Potter.

Taylor was shocked to say the least. The first thought was that he had found a way to put his name in, but then realized quickly that there was absolutely no way that he did that. Even if he could, he would never put his name into the Goblet of Fire. She knew him for long enough that he would never do something like that because he didn't want more fame. He wanted a calm year unlike the others, where he didn't have to put himself in life-threatening situations.

She looked around. Harry was completely stunned and looked almost, scared? Hermione simply looked worried. The Triwizard Tournament was dangerous, and they knew there would be no way to get Harry out of this tournament now that he was in it. They were scared, but would be there to help him. Ron, however, looked almost angry. He had a look on his face that simply conveyed one expression: jealousy. It made sense to Taylor, Ron would be so annoyed that Harry got more fame that he would completely overlook the reality that Harry didn't want it.

Harry walked up and they could hear some yelling coming down from the trophy room. This was going to be another long year.

The next few weeks were a hassle. Hermione and Taylor were trying to find a way to help Harry, while Hermione was also trying to form something to help house-elves. Taylor could just roll her eyes. Ron wasn't talking to them. He thought that Harry was just attention-seeking and Taylor had called him stupid and an unworthy prat. Harry was trying to look strong, but Taylor could look straight through it. He was scared. Upset. Angry. Annoyed. Scared because the tournament had a death toll. It was dangerous and he was going to be put up against wizards that were way older than him and knew much more than him. Upset because one of his best friends didn't believe him and was too busy being jealous to see that he didn't want any more fame than he already had. Angry because the teachers didn't do anything to try and get him out this mess and now he was stuck in it. Annoyed because the whole school saw him as a liar and an attention-seeking prat.

Harry soon told them that the first task would be dragons. Though he sounded calm, he was definitely worried. So were Taylor and Hermione. No fourth year should have to face dragons! But then again, no first year should have to face Voldemort and no second year should have to slay a basilisk. They should have been used to it by now. One day, when Harry came out of DADA, he told Hermione and Taylor his plan. Luckily, both girls were quite good at charms and worked hard to help him learn the summoning charm.

Taylor could tell that the potter stinks badges and the annoying articles from Rita Skeeter in the Daily Prophet were getting to him. They were getting to her too. Like, seriously, did people actually think that Hermione and her had romantic feelings for Harry? They were ridiculous.

Before they really thought they were ready, the first task had arrived. Of course, just thanks to Harry's luck, he got the Hungarian Horntail. Taylor and Hermione watched as slowly, every other champion got through the task and got the egg. The task also seemed to knock some sense into Ron, which Hermione and Taylor were thankful for. Though Hermione and Taylor were great friends, they could tell Harry took Ron's abandonment very hard. They were all holding their breaths when the Hungarian Horntail was brought into the arena and Harry followed. He looked like an ant compared to the dragon. They all screamed out in happiness as the broom came, and they ran towards the mini-hospital wing when Harry got the golden egg.

The first task was over. For now, they only had to worry for their dates on the Yule ball.

Some would rather choose the dragon.