Gringotts' Dragon

Chapter 39 - Gringotts' Dragon

Harry sighed again. He knew it was absolutely pointless trying to convince Taylor; that was just who she was. But honestly, though it was quite infuriating, Harry was proud that that was who she was.

"What about the house-elf? Who was it?" Taylor switched topics.

Immediately, Harry felt guilty. He wasn't able to save Dobby, and he now forgot about the free house-elf. "I-it was Dobby."

Taylor let out a chuckle. "I should have known it was him. Going against his old masters must have been amazing to him, where is he?" She turned back to Harry, but knew from the look on his face that it wasn't good. "H-he isn't..." but Harry nodded.

"Bellatrix... she threw a knife... just as we apparated..." Taylor let the tears flow. She thought she had protected everyone, yet she was so busy being unconscious that she hadn't been able to save the house-elf. Dobby was dead. And it was because of Bellatrix.

It only infuriated her more. It only made her more convinced that she wasn't going to let anyone else be hurt by that evil thing. It only made her more determined to not let any other families fall apart. It only made her fiercer and stronger against her new enemy.

The next day, she went to visit Dobby's grave as Bill finally let her out of bed. She conjured a pair of yellow socks, which soon everyone else joined in on.

The next week was spent concocting a new plan. They learned that Voldemort was after the Elder Wand, but decided Horcruxes over Hallows. Griphook, the goblin, was going to help them break into Gringotts, and the plan seemed perfect.

Of course, Taylor hated that fact that she was going to morph herself into Bellatrix, but it had to be done. Hermione had been able to get a strand of Narcissa Malfoy's hair, deciding that they would use the last of the polyjuice potion to change her. They had decided that Hermione would not become Bellatrix, because it was less likely that Taylor would hex herself when seeing the disguise.

In the middle of it all, Edward (Teddy) Remus Lupin was born. Nobody, except for Taylor, was surprised when the metamorphagus was named godmother. Apparently, Tonks agreed that having another metamorphagus as a godmother would be pleasant. Once again, no one, except for Harry, was surprised when he was named godfather. Of course, Remus told them that the fact that the two were in a relationship only made it a better choice, and that they would have been chosen either way, before he quickly apparated back to his wife and son.

Then, the day came. They thanked Bill and Fleur profusely before leaving to Diagon Alley. The trip to Gringotts wasn't half as hard, other than running into Travers, another death eater. Taylor found it hard to act like the person who had killed her mother, but knew that it was that or death itself, so she tried her best.

They were able to get into Gringotts, only that Hermione and Ron's disguises seemed to get destroyed. Luckily, they got into the vault where it was just as hard to find the item they were looking for. However, as soon as Harry got it, chaos ensued.

She didn't know what gave her the idea to do something so utterly stupid, but the Gringotts goblins soon got the view of Bellatrix Lestrange riding a dragon with Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley.

As soon as they were in the air, her face morphed back to her own, even though her hair was still a curly, black mess, simply because her mind was so chaotic that her emotions were probably accurately reflected in that hairstyle.

As soon as they got off of the dragon, they knew immediately that they would probably be caught. Of course, the plan had been to get the Horcrux, then spend more time planning to find the next ones, but their plans were quickly thwarted as Harry got a new vision.

A vision that showed the two last Horcruxes.

A vision that showed Ravenclaw.

A vision that showed Hogwarts.