Battle of the Department of Mysteries

CHAPTER 24 - Battle of the Department of Mysteries

THE NEXT FEW WEEKS leading up to the OWL exams were filled with studying (mainly enforced by Hermione, but the others had no objections). The few times that she ran into Matt, Taylor just walked away and brushed past. Suprisingly (though not really) the break-up hadn't taken a toll on her and she was doing just fine. "Better, actually, now that I don't need to worry about dates or anything," she said. The other girls were a bit upset about how excited she was to be single because that meant that they would have to delay their plans for Operation Tarry. They were still working out a way to get them together because the other plan wasn't able to be initiated.

"We could always put them in a broom closet!" said Lavender. No matter how many times they resisted this, she still thought it would be the best way to bring them together.

"How many times do I have to tell you that it won't work!" Hermione was starting to get a bit frustrated with Lavender, but put up with her only in those meetings. They decided to leave them be for now and deal with them later.

The end of the year was coming, and although most people were studying for end of year exams, OWLs, or NEWTs, the Weasley twins were not. Taylor was in on their secret and completely supported it. Though she still studied quite a lot (mainly due to Hermione's pestering), she also spent a lot of time helping the twins with their plans and perfecting some of their products. The Inquisitorial Squad was still being annoying as always, taking away points from mainly Gryffindors for nothing. Harry kept having nightmares which he rarely talked about and was also taking Occlumency lessons, that he actually dropped after a mess up with Snape.

One day, the 5th years were doing their Charms OWLs when a bang was heard. Taylor, knowing what was coming put away her quill, ready for the show. The others looked around in confusion, and soon, the twins had come straight through the door on their broomsticks, throwing fireworks all around the room. Professor Umbridge was chased by a firework dragon and the whole school followed the twins outside where they were flying. After a declaration of "Give her hell from us Peeves!", the twins were gone and the school was erupting in cheers.

In all of the excitement, Taylor turned around as Hermione nudged her, seeing Harry on the ground with his hand on his scar. She grabbed Ron and they picked him up, taking him to a quieter hallway. He only said one word, "Sirius".

Most of the other students were too caught up with the show outside, but Luna, Ginny, and Neville also noticed the quartet making their way out of the hallway.

"Yes, well what if it's a trap? You can't go. Not unless we know it's real," they heard Taylor saying.

"No, it has to be. And I can't lose Sirius, he's my last family. We have to go. NOW!"

"What's going on?" asked Ginny.

They informed her on how Harry had seen Sirius being tortured in the Department of Mysteries and they came up with a plan. Soon, Taylor and Harry were in Umbridge's office, flooing Grimmauld Place. Ginny, Luna, and Neville were keeping people away, while Hermione and Ron were standing guard.

Taylor and Harry were taken off guard when Umbridge came into the office, followed by members of the Inquisitorial Squad holding the others.

Luckily, Hermione with quick thinking was able to get Umbridge to follow her. That left Ron, Ginny, Neville, Luna, and Taylor with the members of the Inquisitorial Squad. Taylor remembered that she had some Weasley Wizarding Wheezes in her pocket, and went to grab some. The bait was taken and Goyle started vomiting everywhere, thankfully not on her. She quickly grabbed her wand and escaped. She tossed Ron's wand to him and Luna's as well. With a few easy stunning spells, they were able to get out of the office and made their way to where they thought Hermione and Harry would be. After a bit of running, they spotted Harry and Hermione at the edge of the forbidden forest.