Dementor Attack

CHAPTER 19 - Dementor Attack

TAYLOR PREWETT WAS staring out the window at the house across the street, Number 4, Privet Drive. She was working on her transfiguration essay when she saw a figure walk out of the door. It was her best friend, Harry Potter. Taylor put her quill aside and went outside to talk to him.

Ever since Voldemort had risen back to power and Cedric Diggory was killed, Harry was a bit more quiet than before. He still went outside to do his chores where Taylor would meet him to talk. Lately, they had also been going on walks to the park nearby. Sometimes, they talked about light-hearted subjects, like Quidditch or Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes. She had learned that Harry had given Fred and George his Triwizard Tournament winnings for them to open their joke shop. It was a really nice thing to do. Something so... Harry. Noble and sometimes quite unreasonable, but a nice thing. The right thing.

However, sometimes, they discussed harder topics. He was continuing to have nightmares, like from before the Quidditch cup. Taylor had also gotten the full story of everything that happened that night of Cedric's death. At these times, Harry would rest his head on her shoulder and let out his feelings. She always felt a bit awkward and had a weird feeling in her stomach when he did this, but she knew that he was going through a hard time, and needed her.

She had also been leaving sometimes for weekends to Grimmauld Place. The Weasleys, Hermione, and Sirius were staying there, along with some other members of the Order that checked in and out. Taylor knew that her father used to be in the order, and now her mum had been recruited. She also knew that there were members of the order that were usually sent to spy on Harry. Her mum and Taylor spent a lot of time watching him, along with the old cat lady, Arabella Figg, that was a squib. She felt the urge to tell Harry everything, because she knew that the meetings had quite a lot to do with him, but if she broke Dumbledore's trust now, then she probably wouldn't be told anything.

There were a few close calls, though. When Harry was worried that Ron and Hermione weren't telling him anything because their letters were so vague, she could only try to change the topic. Taylor could tell that he was becoming a bit suspicious, but she couldn't tell him. Could she? No, she would not break the trust. Anything that's important would come out eventually, and then he would know everything.

She walked up to him after changing her hair to an almost Weasley red, adding freckles, and changing a bit of her facial structure. She tried to change her voice a little, making it sound a bit higher than usual.

"Hello, do you happen to know where the nearest park is?"

"I know it's you, Taylor. You can't fool me with that," Harry said with a chuckle. She changed her hair back to her signature long, pink, wavy hair and fixed her face again.

"I don't even know why I keep trying. You always know."

"Yes, well I'm your best friend since age 6 I think. If I didn't know, I would just be pathetic."

Matt can't tell when it's really me, she thought.

"Well, you're right there. Fancy a stroll to the park?"

"I would be much obliged, my fair lady," he played along.

They talked on their way to the swing set where they sat down. Today, it was about Dudley and his annoying gang. They really hadn't changed since Harry and Taylor were six. Speaking of, the man in question came along with his buddies nearby. Harry shot Taylor a glance and she understood. Taylor walked up and went behind a tree to watch what was going to happen. Harry probably wanted her to go back to her house, but she decided to stay there. Standing there, she changed her hair to a strawberry blonde and added freckles again.