Chapter - 13

"Prepare the defibrillator." I commanded.

All the doctors and nurses present in the OR looked at me staggered and horrified.

"Doctor?" Someone asked unassured.

"What? Didn't anyone hear me? Or have you all gone suddenly deaf? I asked for a defibrillator!" I yelled, making all of them scared of me.

Honestly, if I was at their place, I would be scared of me too.

'And me three'

You have to poke your nose in everything, don't you?

"B-but....but we have already done that multiple times"

"And still he is not responding....."

"There is no movement in his heart...."

"Yes..... It's been more than fifteen times, we have given him the shocks."

My head and heart both were pounding with an unimaginable pace as I could literally feel my eardrums slowly going numb.

Plus it also didn't help with these stupid doctors telling me again and again that there is no progress. That,

He is no more.......

That's not true, right? He can't leave me like this. Can he? No no no.... NO! This is not possible

He promised to always protect me, To always be there with me. To always irritated me. To always trouble me. To always annoy the hell out of me. To always care for me. To always tease me. To always scold me. To always make snarky comments on me. To always love me.......

And he doesn't break his promises, even if he tried, I won't let him.

"So what?! It doesn't hurt to try for the sixteenth time now. does it?" I snapped.

I swear I am just a pinch of close in losing my all remaining sanity, if they don't stop reminding me about the same thing again and again.

"N-no. I mean yes. But.... are you sure doctor?"

"Do you really want to do this? Because I don't see any hop-" Vivaan started. But I immediately cut him off.

"Just hand me the damn paddles! Will you?" I demanded. As I heard him sigh.

I initially didn't wanted him to continue his sentence. The word he was going to use was the only thing I had left. I can't afford to lose it.

Hope. Hope is all I have now....

Rhea looked at me, concerned and confused. I can understand her confusion because I am sure she has never seen me react like this in an OR. I don't lose my cool easily during a surgery.

I sent her an 'I am ok' look and she nodded.

I sighed.

"Let's do it again." Vivaan finally said as he brought me the paddles.

Everybody moved away from the surgical table, while I stood there with two defibrillator paddles in my hand.

Okay. You can do it. Come on!

Breath in..
Breath out..
Breath in..
Breath out..

I followed the rhythm repeatedly as I swallowed hard.

Please don't torture me like this Shlok. Please don't..... I can't take it anymore

I placed the paddles on his chest. His chest bounced back but to no avail.

"No progress recorded." I heard someone say. My vision instantly blurred as I forcefully pushed back those threatening tears.

Please don't do this to me Shlok. Please don't.... I will never be able to forgive myself.