Chapter - 27

Vivaan POV.

I knew it.

The reason why I never wanted to keep Shlok Desai in my hospital was mainly because of this whole mess.

The dangerous criminal world and underground mafia organisations are what feeds the deadly hunger of Sudhir Choudhary. He has many connections from all over India. Not an easy man to deal with at all. And the entire Mumbai knows it.

I for once wanted to stay away from this battle ground and keep my hospital safe from all possible damages. Seems like fate wished something else. And therefore SD ended up in my hospital.

If that itself wasn't worse for my sanity, I am going to marry his sister. Plus that lost brother drama interfering in this overly complexed situation. Making Sudhir's son, a well known gang leader Rajkumar Choudhary Mayra's triplet and Shrishti's biological father.

I swear Desai siblings are going to be the death of me one day.

"Drive fast!"

"I am already doing it." I gritted but only to get ignored by her.

"I hope he is fine." She closed her eyes and mumbled, her breathing becoming speedy with each passing second. "He should be. He has to be."

After the disturbing news of firing in hospital, we all immediately left the amusement park. Mayra refused to stay at my parent's house with Shrishti. So despite me being extremely against the idea, I had to take her with me to that dangerous place. One stubborn woman she is.

"Calm down. There must be enough security for him." I said and soon parked my car in the parking lot of the hospital.

"Doctor! We have a huge emergency." The moment we entered, all bombarding was bestowed upon my head like hot acid rain.
"Two nurses and one policeman was injured during the firing."

I heard Mayra gasp as I grabbed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "What's the status?"

"Fortunately, the policeman and nurse are out of danger and hospitalised for next few days But....." He trailed off.

"B-But what?" Mayra looked at him in fear.

"The other nurse is admitted in the ICU. We can't say anything about her yet. Plus SD-"

"What about him?!" She cut him off.

"He-"

"May!" We snapped our gazes towards the new voice and saw Rhea calling us in hurry. "We were waiting for you both since very long. You gotta come with me real fast."

"I- Uhm yes." She watched me for a minute before storming towards her brother's wardroom.

I didn't follow her because right now I have different matters to handle. "What about police inquiry? Did they caught anyone?"

"No sir. But It's just rumoured that few goons are still present in the hospital. Though police are trying hard to find them." Fuck! I am soon going to lose my all shit if things don't get settle down immediately.

With a prominent headache merging inside myself, I waved off the staff member and headed towards my office. I need to be prepared for whatever hell is going to break down soon.

Just when I entered my office, the scene Infront of my eyes was unexpected. "What the hell are you doing here?!"

"Surprise! Surprise!" He laughed, putting his legs down from my desk and getting up from the chair. Making me pinch the middle of my eyebrows to control myself.

"You should be happy to see your brother in law, Vivaan. Being unwelcoming is kind of rude." He knows?

Of course, he came to know. I scoffed Internally. He has his ways after all.