Chapter - 20

A very long chapter ahead guys........... Brace yourself.
______________________________________

A loud but soft voice echoing around deadly silent Singhania Mansion was something I had never anticipated to hear. Yet I was here, sitting in the middle of around fifteen people and absorbing my surroundings, dumbfounded.

Mrs. Singhania, Vivaan's mom who was just being transported in the room due to a sudden cardiac arrest was again standing Infront of us, leaning in her husband's arms. While looking, more specifically searching around in the living room thoroughly.

Just by observing her, one could tell that she was weak and vulnerable. The way she was hanging herself on her husband, it was clear that she had no energy left inside her body. In fact, her eyes were also slowly dropping, though she did manage to control them, but still, it was noticeable that she was struggling to do it.

Her husband was holding her in a firm yet gentle hold as she took deep breaths.

It was no secret that Mayank Singhania was saliently against the idea of his precious wife getting up from the bed so early without proper rest and dragging herself in the living room. But so was the fact that Tara Singhania didn't had the slightest bit of care about that matter nor the time to look after her health as she kept ambling her gaze from each person to another-

Guess, stubbornness runs through the family......

'Yours is no good.'

-until they finally ceased at a point where I met her eyes and she instantly lowered her vision down.

"Mom? What are you doing here? You are not allowed to step a foot down from the bed! You should go back and take a re-" Vivaan's voice came down when he realised that his mom was paying no heads to him.

Instead, she left her husband's humble embrace and kept walking in a direction, I unbelievably tracked to be reaching me.

We all threw confused glances towards her as she, blocking everything away from this whole world focused her timid eyes on only one person slumping on my lap. Tears were slowly forming in her orbs, as she looked at my daughter in all different emotions. Uncertainty, shock, confusion, relief, admiration, warmth, awe, and many more indescribable emotions swung in her eyes. But the most protruding one was hope......

About what? I don't know.

My motherly guard instantly came to an alarm as I, without thinking twice, tightened my hold on Shrishti and narrowed my gaze at the woman who was taking quaky steps one after other.

Why is she coming towards my way? And why the hell is she staring at my daughter like that Like she is some top precious possession?

There wasn't any harm or evil in her gaze, I could sense that. Call it instinct or presumption but still, her eying my angel in that manner didn't settle well with me. It elevated unnecessary insecurities in my chest regarding my daughter. Which it shouldn't.

Yes, I am possessive. But more than that I am protective. And I will be damn if I even let an ounce of harm getting my daughter's whiff.

Everyone's attention was now on us as Vivaan's mom finally came and stood Infront of me. Though if I remember correctly then she prefers Tara aunty, called by me.

How?

Well......Ummm........ We weren't exactly secretive during our school time you see.

I mean yes, we tried to hide our relationship. Trust me we almost did. But then three years being together is a very long time after all. Somewhere it was bound to appear Infront of everyone. And that's when we got into a small ini mini tiny scandal. And I am not talking about the hallway disaster- it was something that happened later.