Chapter - 18

"Rhea step aside. Let me see her." I demanded.

"Shrishti! Nahitich nataka karu nakos. (Don't do this silly drama) Chup-Chap jake car me baitho! Varna pitogi aaj tum mere hathse!" I yelled angrily as Shrishti flinched and kept hiding behind my best friend.

Rhea looked at me in worry and confusion. I know nobody understood what I just said. Except for Shrishti, who also only grasped the last few sentences.

It's just that whenever I am angry, I can't control myself and my native language automatically flows out of my mouth.

"Okay. Calm down may, I don't know what you said but you are scaring her." And that's what I aim for.

"Shit less." She added.

"Rhea!" I glared at her.

"A-Alright. I am sorry for swearing." Raising her both the hands in defence, she crouched down Infront of my stubborn daughter.

I swear my angel is only an angel in disguise. Other than that she is completely opposite.

"Shrishti, my darling. Please listen, don't make your mamma angry okay? You know na, when she is pissed, she becomes a bitc- I mean a... Madwoman." She said letting out a nervous chuckle at the end.

"She is a badwoman." Shrishti huffed, looking away. My mouth fell open as I marched towards her.

"Watch your tongue! I am your mother, you can't disrespect me. Is this what I have tought you? To disrespect your elders?!" I asked, shouting at her while she looked down in shame and guilt.

"Sorry, mamma." Shrishti murmured. Her eyes became teary as she kept fidgeting with her tiny fingers. I know she was genuinely trying hard not to cry.

"Go, sit in the car." I said coldly.

She gazed up to me through her innocent but not so innocent eyes and a small pout formed on her lips before she finally took a sniffle.

I have no words to describe how much she hates this cold and raging avatar of her mamma. She just can't see me being angry with her. I have pampered my angel a lot. Everyone has. But that doesn't mean I have to put up with her every tantrum.

"NO! I won't." She screamed in between her sniffles.

As much as it hurts me to see her cry like this, I have to also teach her a lesson. She is becoming more stubborn day by day.

"May, it's just a pinch of pigment-" rhea started before I cut her off.

"No rhea! It's not just about a pinch of red colour. It's Sindoor. And only married women's wear that."

"But all those ladies who wore a saree at the mall had it on their foreheads and it was looking so beautiful. I also want my mamma to wear it like them!" Shrishti whined, stomping her foot on the ground.

I inwardly groaned.

Why isn't she understanding it?! I am not married for heaven's sake!

This is why living in New York was way easier for me than being here. At least I didn't had to encounter such issues like these.

"What is this fuss about?" A confused nix asked us. As he just got out of the house. "We are getting late. The party will start soon."

"It's nothing. Just this girl throwing her silly fits." I bite out, glaring at Shrishti.

"You are looking gorgeous, may." He complimented while checking me out.

"Thanks." I faked a smile.