Chapter - 28

"......And that's it. After that we never met nor did she tried to contact me ever." Rajkumar or should I say my triplet sighed, finishing the long story he just recited to us.

"I mean it was not difficult to contact me. She clearly knew who I was. She could have just told me about the pregnancy. I agree that I am a criminal but I am not that cold-hearted towards my own blood." He glanced at me and Shlok meaningfully as I averted my gaze towards Vivaan, who was silently staring at the files kept on the table.

The way he was adamantly stilled at his posture, even when the tale was finished, seemed as if just by him staring at those piles of paperwork placed on the table will burn them into ashes. I don't know what storm is building inside him right now. But I do know that it's not going to be good.

The current atmosphere around us was very thick and nostalgic for my liking. I didn't want to be here at this moment. Instead wrapped up in a comfy blanket while watching some SpongeBob comedy with my arms around the prettiest angel, I have spent the six years of my life stroke as a much better idea.

How fun those days in New York were...... When there was no one in my life other than Shrishti. It was only us. Even though a bit lonely, there was no unwanted drama going on in our lives. Everything was in control. No unexpected news, no strange events and no misunderstandings.

I am not saying that I regret coming here, I just miss those days. Contrary to the situations I am in nowadays, it seemed more peaceful living like that. But no matter how much that life tempts me, I couldn't deny the fact that coming here was one of the most necessary and important decisions I made.

Circumstances sure helped to establish the foundation of that decision. But I soon realised that anyhow I wouldn't have able to afford the thought of not travelling back to India. Not because I might have lost a huge opportunity in my career but because if I had rejected the offer and stayed back, there were chances that today my brother wouldn't have been standing beside me. Or my other brother wouldn't be standing Infront of me. And neither would the guy I nearly despised for the last ten years would be calling me his fiancée.

Plus not to forget that later, throughout my entire life I would have never known the name and actual whereabouts of my daughter's biological mother and father. Heck, I wouldn't even know if I had another brother. How important and life-changing information, I was missing out on.....

"Who was the guy..." Vivaan said tightening his fist and I inwardly gulped looking at him "-She loved."

Oh, hell to the no......

I honestly have no idea who that unfortunate guy is but please I don't want to witness a murder today. One name is already printed in Vivaan's hit list, now not another.

I desperately searched for something which would divert the topic but got nothing in mind. Without thinking anything I grabbed the cubics square I saw kept on the table and quickly threw it in the direction where arnav was standing. Luckily it hit him straight in the head and he groaned in pain.

All attention went onto him while he gave me a confused look. As if projecting, he was just a lost puppy unintentionally caught wandering here. I widened my eyes at him to make him understand the situation and he frowned.

Way to facepalm myself. 

Signing towards Vivaan I glared at him. I don't know whom to thank but after a while, his mouth formed a shape of 'O' and he smiled sheepishly at everyone. I shook my head in defeat.

"Eeer, umm....sorry to interrupt. But you know there is this thing called a condom. Easily available in every drug store."

I heard a crackling sound beside me and sighed inwardly.