Chapter - 21

"Ahhhhh! Mamma!"

My eyes snapped at the speed of the light towards the voice of my daughter, I just heard and saw Shrishti screaming helplessly in her sleep.

Passing the reports to the first person standing near me, I strode near her and embraced her shivering body in a warm and tight hug.

"Shhh, angel, I am here, mamma is here." I kissed her forehead in reassurance as she held my torso in a death grip.

"Calm down, everything is fine. You are fine. It's just a nightmare baby. Nobody is hurting you." I soothed her while stroking those sweat dripping hairs out from her face.

She heaved stuffy breathes as without opening her eyes, her body automatically reacted to my voice and snuggled deep into my embrace. Probably recognising my scent and taking as much comfort as it could provide.

"Don't leave me, mamma." She mumbled slowly and again tightened her hold on me.

"I promise Shrishti, I won't ever leave you." Murmuring this back into her ear and pecking her head, I hugged my daughter, close to my heart.

"She is fine?" Jui di asked.

"Hmmm." I nodded.

"I think you should take her to the guest room or something. Otherwise, she might wake up again because of this unfortunate commotion." She suggested as I sighed.

"Yeah, she can sleep in the nearby room. It's vacant. We don't want to disturb her slumber." Urvi added.

I looked at both of them in gratefulness as meanwhile, I saw those reports getting passed around for everyone's view. Each one of them adoring flabbergasted expressions as soon as they completed their readings. Can't blame them, I myself am still in a heart felling shock regarding the results and earth shattering information that I am having few double thoughts about my vision.

Honestly, never had I ever thought that Shrishti might be somehow related to me biologically. Yes, I did wished her to be my biological daughter. But in reality? No. That was beyond me.

"I can show you the way." Urvi asked, still unassured.

"Okay." I picked up Shrishti and started following her.

"Wait, I'll join." Jui di said as she also came with us.

On our way we didn't interact with each other at all. It wasn't until we finally reached the room that I turn to them.

"Eeer, she doesn't sleep alone. And I don't think I will be able to stay with her here. So......" I trailed off in unknownness.

"Don't worry, it's not a problem. I will call someone to stay here with her." Urvi smiled and then went away in a strange direction.

I wanted to ask who she was going to call but before I could say anything she was already gone.

I sighed and entered the room.

Laying Shrishti on the bed properly, I adjusted the pillows near the edges and corners of bed so that she won't fall down. She has a habit of rolling around in her sleep. And since she normally sleeps with me, I always had her cuddled with me throughout the night. Whereas when I am not around her, that can be a huge issue.

Even if she is soon going to be six, she looks way younger than her actual age. Just like an angel landed straight from heaven.

"So.....? What was in those reports?"

The most unbelievable shocking news I have ever heard......

"I know she is not your daughter. I mean biologically. That's impossible. You weren't pregnant when you left Or wait....... were you? Is she really? Did you do it?!" She placed her hands on my both the shoulders and turned me around only to see a slightly panicked frown on her face.