Chapter - 40

A tingling sensation spread all over my back and I was forced to open my groggy eyes to welcome bright sunlight on the side of my face.

A calloused finger trailed down my exposed back and a warm smile spread onto my face as soon as I realised to whom it belonged.

Vivaan in all his glory flashed his drool-worthy grin when our eyes met and I swear I might have just melted then and there if it wasn't for his strong arms scooping me into place.

"Morning." I said, my voice coming out rough.

"Sunrise, love." He whispered huskily, pulling me more into his arms. If that was even possible considering my whole body was pressed tightly against him throughout the night.

"My muscles are stiff." I groaned, trying to wriggle out of his hold. As much as the comfort of his warmth was irresistible, I wanted to let loose my body from the sinful torture it went through last night.

"Does that mean I get to massage it?" His lips quirked up in suggestion as I released a brief laugh.

"It means you have to let me go."

"Not a chance." He shook his head, black locks of messy hair brushing my forehead.

"Please." I pleaded. "What time is it?"

Sun was bright outside yet the cold breeze slipping past the windows told me otherwise. It wasn't afternoon yet. Probably around 9 or 10 in the morning.

"It's 9:30."

"Why didn't you wake me up before?" I scrambled out of the bed in hurry, almost taking him by surprise and knocking myself out on the cold floor when I realized my legs didn't support my actions.

I cursed under my breath as my brain grasped two important things. One, my lower body was in great pain. My muscles were against me doing anything that involved physical activity. Walking seemed difficult but that doesn't mean I couldn't do it. I would if I had enough guts to roam around without an ounce of clothing on my body.

Yes, I was stark naked. Under the sheer heated gaze of my husband, I stood still like a deer caught in headlights. And he...well he appeared to be definitely enjoying himself.

With that lusty smirk on his gorgeous face and hands resting against the headrest of the bed lazily, he had half the quilt covering his body from waist to knees. As if taunting me to reach him and rip the only piece of cloth shielding him.

Gosh, the sex appeal.

"You are so perfect." He rasped out making my cheeks heat up.

And maybe it was my pounding heart or his stupid smirk but I did exactly what I thought. I pulled the quilt from him and immediately covered myself up, shooting him a playful glare.

Vivaan merely raised his eyebrows at my attempt to make him flush and watched me getting flustered instead. His naked body was simply a view to withhold. Will I ever get used to him being like this? Like so open and comfortable at the idea of showing his vulnerable form to me? So unapologetically sensual....

As time passed in seconds, I instantly regretted my decision. I made a grave mistake. I shouldn't have exposed him like this. As it seemed it made a certain part of him awake, greeting the sunlight and getting ready for another battle.

My eyes widened at that and I caught myself before I could trip on the same quilt I had wrapped around my body.

"So disappointing." He clicked his tongue and a frown stretched my features.

What is so disappointing? Surely it can't be last night. Last night was anything but disappointing. And I am no fool to let it rack my brain.

"What are you talking about?" I asked warily.