Part One - Chapter Six

Heeeeello! (Insert Marcus Butler voice)

How are you guys doing? You should be doing good because I have a new chapter and it's longer than the last one. -applause-

Cheesy sneak peek: this is drama and nothing less.

Read, love, vote, comment if you want. Oh and tell me if you like this story because I do love writing it. Hehe.

Anyway, read it and ily xx

____________________

The following three days went by just as the last one. I would wake up, have breakfast, head to the hospital, and stay with Marc thorough the whole day. When I was getting tired I would leave and sleep in my own bed. I wouldn't sleep really well at all, I would only think about one thing and that was Marc. I would wish for him to wake up, look me in the eyes and tell me he loves me just as much as I love him. I would think about how we could spend our lives together. It was a horrible time, it was an awkward situation. When my friends and my family asked me where I was, I would tell them that I cared for a friend. Because that's what we were, 'friends'. We were in no relationship and yet I knew that we would be without the accident. The nurses thought that anyway since I stayed next to him eighty percent of my time. I was lucky enough to have a rich father, who was my boss and was just fine with me being, you know, gay. And it was a true benefit that I could be with Marc without caring for my job or for my apartment to be paid.

So, this day, I sat in the waiting area because the doctors decided that it would be time to fix Marc's legs. It was a good sign since they only wanted to put him through another surgery when he was in a good condition.

"Jona? Don't you want to eat something?" Ellie asked. She argued to stay with me all the time because she was afraid of me breaking down again, either physically or in tears.
"No, I'm not hungry" I growled.
"Jona, I know you're in fear, but I haven't done anything to you. It would be nice if you did not talk to me like that."
"Hmm."
"Jona! I'm gonna get you some food now, or at least a coffee! I cannot do anything with you and I'm sure Marc won't, either!"
"Yeah" I said grumpily, towards the floor of course.
"I'll be right back."

With that she left. I watched her waking down the floor and felt sorry for her. She did her best to cheer me up and she cared more about me than about herself. And still she managed to stay calm and healthy. I was a poor mess when it came to my nerves. They were strong in business situation, but not in cases like this. I felt sick most of the time and if I could, I would cry most of the time. But I couldn't. My mum once told me to be a strong boy, tears would destroy my life goals. Nobody would take me for a serious business man if I cried like a six-year-old. That's when I stopped crying forever. I didn't even cry when she left us, forever. Suddenly, she was gone with a different man and she must have changed her whole identify because my father never found her ever again. It was a sad period of time for my father and me, and of course for my sister Katrina. But Katrina is a very different story that I'm not good talking about.

"Honey, here." Ellie sat down next to me again and handed me a cup of coffee. The smell of the delicious beverage sent warm shivers through my body and instantly made me feel less dizzy.
"You were quick" I commented before I took the first sip.
"I was gone for a good quarter of an hour" she replied surprisedly.
"Really?"
"You were in your deepest thoughts again.." she mumbled and took a sip of her beverage.
"Sorry" I said and looked at her.

She stared back at me. We stayed in a peaceful silence for a while before she whispered, "it's going to be alright. They said he's in a good condition, so you do not need to worry. He's been recovering so much in the past time, that shows he's a strong boy and he will not give up by now."
"I hope so" I whispered back. "Thank you, love."
"You never called me that" she interrupted our deep conversation.
"It's time to do that, then. You've been calling me 'honey' since I can remember."
"Oh, boy, what am supposed to do with you?" she giggled.
"Stay" I suggested.
"I will. I promise."

"Mister Smith?"
I jumped up when I heard my name.
"Yes?" I stared at the doctor and for a few seconds I did not know what to do. Everything inside me went blank.
"The surgery went well, we could fix his legs. He won't have any pain when he wakes up."
"He will wake up?"
"We hope that will happen soon. It's good that he is well trained because he's now stable enough that we took down the comatose medicaments."
"C-can I see him?" I mumbled, hiding myself from smiling like a freak.
"A nurse will bring you there" he smiled and walked away. I turned to Ellie, who was smiling from ear to ear.
"He will wake up!" she screamed and ran towards me.
"Shhhhh! We're in a hospital, you don't want to be kicked out, do you?"
"I'm just so happy, honey! I will leave you then, so you can be there when he wakes up."
"I'm scared" I suddenly sad.
"Why?" It was obvious that she was surprised by my sudden mood change, but I couldn't keep it for myself any longer. "What's wrong, honey?"
"If he wakes up and sees me, he might want me to leave. We don't even know each other, so that would be truly okay if he does not want to have me there."
"Call me then, I'll pick you up." With that she pecked my cheek, smiled and left me alone with my on the one hand happy me, but on the other hand madly scared one. To be honest, I did not want her to leave. The thought of Marc waking up and sending me away sacred the hell out of me and I was not even sure if I wanted to be with him.

I felt totally insane when I walked into his room and sat down next to him again. Although I really wanted him to open his eyes I still had that anxiety. Maybe the date was not even that good for him and he was not sure if he wanted to date me any longer.

All these thoughts shot through and continued their actions for a few more hours. I felt like everything just happened in another dimension, my thoughts were louder than his machines and I did not even look at him properly, I just started holes into the wall.

His hand suddenly twitching woke me up out of my daydream, which was - to be honest - more of a day-nightmare.
"Marc?" I whispered, not able for him to properly hear me. Would he wake up now? "Marc..." I whispered again, a little louder than before.
His hand twitched again, more strongly.
"M-Marc" I whispered even louder, but my voiced was cracked by my anxiety. I looked at him, his eyes started flickering before he opened them a little.
"H-hello" I said in my crackling voice. I must have been a stupid mess, sitting there shaking and actually being a stranger to Marc.
I managed to look at him again, my eyes focusing on his, which where finally fully opened. I tried to smile and felt like a huge freak.
"Hi?" he brought out after a few tries. "Who are you?"

And that was when I stood up, muttered "never mind" and left. I hold back sobs, but when I was outside I let the tears flow. It was just as I thought, but even worse.
'Pick me up' I texted Ellie with shaking hands and sat down on a mural, waiting for her to arrive. People gave me strange looks, but I expected nothing less. I sat there, crying, sobbing, whispering things like "but I love you" and "why us".