Part One - Chapter Three

Read, vote, comment, thanks, I love you. Xx

____________

"Honey, wake up" Ellie shook me.
"How do you feel?"

"My head is aching like crazy.."

"I've made breakfast and called your father to tell him that you need a few weeks break so that you can care for Marc."

"What would I do without you, Ellie?" I smiled and sat up. I instantly felt dizzy.

"Honey, you do not look really great.."

"Can you give me one of those pain killers the doctor gave me?"

"You need to eat something first then you can take them."

"Okay, let's have some breakfast.."

I got up and made my way to the kitchen, where I ate a little cookie and took some pain killers. "Better.." I muttered.

"You sure you want to go to the hospital?"

"I feel guilty for what happened so that's the least I can do.."

"Jona, it's not your fault! That truck driver almost killed Marc, not you!"

"And I guess that man just has a few bruises."

"Indeed, he's even less hurt than you are. But he's in detention."

"Why did that happen, Ellie? Why him?"

"Hey,... Marc's a strong boy and he's well trained. His body will survive that."

"It was the worst first date ever.."

"Do you want to tell me how it started?" she was careful with her words, obviously not wanting to stress me in any ways. When I opened my mouth, she sat down next to me and looked me in the eyes. I instantly felt comfortable and I did that since we had first met.

"We met at the cinema, watched a movie, went to our favorite restaurant, you know the expensive Italian one, and then we wanted to go to my place..."

"Did you kiss?" she almost whispered. She was curious, although she tried to hide it.

"Yeah in the cinema... It was... amazing.. and I wish we could just sit here and-" I had to swallow very hard at that point "have breakfast together.."

"Honey, I'm so sorry for you..." She got up and changed the topic as quickly as possible. I was thankful. "But you need to eat something, then you'll take a shower and then I'll drive you to him, okay?"

"Thank you" I muttered and grabbed a bunch. I wasn't truly hungry, but I knew Ellie would not let me go to the hospital if I hadn't dat something.

***

"Hey, beautiful" I whispered and sat down next to his bed.

It was a horrible sight. He had one big wire in his arm, thousand of cables around him and one big mask on his mouth. He was obviously not breathing on his own. "Piep, piep.." the machine that shall measure his pulse made. It was annoying and frustrating, it hurt my little heart to see him like this. His brown hair was messy and his beautiful eyes were closed. He had stitches on his forehead and his legs were bandaged strongly.

"I'm so sorry, beautiful." I started crying.

***
"I have to leave now, beautiful" I whispered and placed a kiss on his forehead.

Ellie was waiting for me outside.

"How is he?" she asked.

"Not good" I said while looking down. "I don't want to leave him alone, Ellie.."