Part Two - Chapter Ten

Here it finally is! Part Two!! I hope your waiting was worth it. Ily so much <3 xx

____________________________

Chapter 10

"See, I cannot be here anymore" Marc said when I carried him around his flat. He wanted to show it to me because I didn't believe him when he said that it wasn't handicap-suited. "Let me down on the couch, please."
"What do you think you'll do then?" I asked. "I mean, will you get a new flat? I'll admit that it will be impossible for you to get down to the fifth floor without a lift."
"I don't know... My life makes no sense anymore anyways" he whispered and looked at me as if he was asking me something.
"That's not true! And you know it..."

I sat down next to him and grabbed his hand in instinct. "We will find something for you."
He just stared at me, unsure whether to agree or discuss with me again. "I cannot pay for a new flat. I cannot pay the rent for a flat that has a lift."
"You know I can pay" I insisted. I had the money and if it was for Marc I would spend it all.
"I don't want your money..."
"Why not? You know a flat is not much for me."
"I could never give it back to you. I will lose my job and I won't be able to pay anything back."
"You won't lose your job as long as you are in rehab. And please let me help you."
"I can't. I just cannot let you paying everything for me."
"I would do everything for you, Marc."
"I need to find something on my own" he said convinced.

He looked at me with his big puppy eyes. Everything about him was incredibly adorable. And all I wanted was to help him and care for him, no matter how much he would baulk.
"Let me pay for you. I'm responsible for this complicated mess."

He shook his head and looked away from me, around his flat that he used to call 'home'. His head fell frontally against my chest as if he could not take the view of his home anymore.
"I have an idea..." I whispered, unsure wether to bother him or just remain in silence.
"Yeah?" He didn't even bother to lift up his head, just rested it against me.
"You could stay with me as long as you're searching for something new. I have a lift..."
"Jona, no. I can't."
"You were able to make love to me, why can't you move in with me? I'm sure you'll like it."
"I cannot take that offer..." His voice became more cracky with every syllable. And that's when he started crying. We just sat there, him crying into my shoulder for minutes.

My chest started clenching. It was awful for me to see him crying. It was all my fault that we reached this point and he was the one suffering from it. Why couldn't it be me to sit there, unable to use to my legs? Why did it have to be him? The man that was always the happiness in person? The sunny boy? The accident took all of his desire to live.

"Shhhhh," I whispered, rubbing his back, "it's going to be okay..."
"Can we go to yours? I wanna see it before I decide what to do. Although I do not think that I have another option..."
"Of course we can."

I lifted him up in bridal style and walked downstairs. We left his wheelchair in my car since there was no way of carrying it upstairs.
"One last question" Marc stumbled.
"Yeah?"
"How could you get the exact same car?!"
"Haha. I'm surprised that you remember my car!"
"I remember details. Like the car and the moment it crashed..."
"Wow... Oh and the car, well, Ellie managed it with my insurance."
"I would love to remember everything. It's so sad that I cannot remember anything about you."

The drive to my place was a quiet one. We listened to some Music and Marc was looking out of the window most of the time. When we arrived at the building I lived in, he was shocked.
"It's completely made out of glass!"
"Beautiful, isn't it?" I stated proudly and gave him a smirk.
I drove into the parking area and helped him get into his wheelchair once my car was next to my others.
"How many do you have?" he asked shyly.
"My A1 is my main car. Then I have a BMW that has a lot of space. Oh and this baby here." I walked over to the car that was covered.
"What is it?"
I revealed my black Roll's Royce antique car cabriolet.
"Jesus!" Marc yelled. "Where the hell did you get that car! It must be worth millions!"
"I inherited it from my great grandfather."
"God..."
I was amused by how fascinated his was about that car. I knew he would like it, that's why I didn't say anything about me driving three cars.