Part Two - Chapter Eleven

Update, update, update! (: ily xx

________________________

The warm sun shines tickled my nose and made me wake out with a huge sneeze.

"Good morning, beautiful" I whispered and pecked Marc's lips. He tried to hide that he was awake and groaned.
"Do I need to get up?" he asked.
"Well, we need to sort things out" I smiled and leant over him again.
"What do you mean?"
"How this is going to continue," I whispered and peck his lips again, "with us."
"It's a little bit confusing, isn't it? You spend everything you have in me and I basically fell for you in two weeks, how insane is that" he grinned.
"So, do you want to get up, or rather not?"
"Rather not" he smiled. "I don't see a reason for getting up."
"We could go out and enjoy the sun meanwhile the bathroom is becoming disabled-friendly."
"Oh, come on. You don't need to do that. I will find something on my own to live..."
"What if I want you to stay here?"
"As I already said it, I don't feel too comfortable being here. I'm a cripple and I feel like you're taking care of me because you're sorry."
"You stay, no matter what you want. If you love me, you do. If you don't, then you'll still stay because I'm not letting you go."
"Maybe you were right when you said we were rushing through this, young boy..."

God, how could that man change his moods so quickly? It was insane. I liked when he was happy and said he'd love me although he did not know me. The next moment I was torn because he wanted to leave me. Nothing could make this boy happy and I broke into pieces with his mood changes.

"Okay, we'll sort that one another time. Until that you stay here. If you love me or not" I said, self-surely.
"Let's make a deal" I added. "I'm going to make breakfast and then I'll wake you up again."
"Sound's good" he said contently.

I smiled, got up and made my way to the kitchen. That's when I first realized that I had no bunches at all. I thought that muesli would do its job as well. But first, it was time for coffee. How to better start the day then with coffee. Just when I wanted to put some plates on the table, I heard a dull bang. Seconds after that, Marc was screaming. 'Shit' I thought and ran faster then ever back to the bedroom. On my way, anxiety rushed through me and it felt like I had to throw up.

"Marc!" I screamed as I saw him lying on the floor, hissing in pain. I kneeled down next to him, terrifying what he did to himself. "What happened?" I asked, lifting his head up and placing it in my lap.
"I wanted to..." he sobbed "I wanted to move into the wheelchair, b-but it rolled away..."
"Honey... Why did you not wait until I came back..."
"I wanted to do one thing on my own! One single thing!" he screamed. He was obviously in pain, both, mentally and physically.
"Where do you have pain?"
"L-legs... Head..."
I grabbed a pillow and placed his head on top of that, so that I could take a look at his legs. "Does this hurt?" I asked as I tried to move them a bit. "Ahhhhhhh" he hissed in pain. "Stop that, it seriously hurts!"
"Honey, I need to call an ambulance..."
"No" he whispered and looked at me, his eyes watering.
"I'm afraid there's no way not to bring you to the hospital..." I asked sadly.
"Don't..."
"What if your legs are broken? And you're in incredible paint, aren't you?"
"I'm not going to stand that anymore... They will keep me there for a week or so... And I'm seriously sick of hospitals..."
"Come on. I won't call an ambulance, but take you there on my own. Can you sit up?"
"Yeah..." He tried to pull himself up, but as soon as he sat straight up, he hissed in even more pain. It was an awful sight, I hated him being hurt more than anything else.
"I got you!" I grabbed his back before he sank down again.
"Forget everything I said. I'm going to call an ambulance now."
"You cannot do that!" he screamed when I dialed.
"Hush" I whispered and ordered an ambulance to my flat.
"Why did you do that!" He screamed and the tears ran down his cheeks.
"Honey, please. I'm here for you. But you're not happy when you're hurt!"
He looked at me and just cried until the door bell rang. I quickly opened and leaded the paramedics to the bedroom. It was like a déjà-vu. It reminded me of the accident, when they tried to get Marc out of the car.

I watched them do their job from a far. I couldn't even look at them touching Marc and him hissing in response.

***

'Be okay, please be okay' I pleaded to myself. Now there I was again, sitting in the waiting area. I couldn't believe I had hospitalized him again! It was my fault for leaving him alone when I knew he would do stupid things once he was on his own. I should have dragged him out of bad with me!

***

"Why did you take me here?" Marc messed about me.
"Did you rather want to have pain?" I answered harshly. As soon as I said that, Marc's eyes started to fill with tears again.
"I'm sorry" I whispered and sat down next to him.
We were in no real hospital room, but in one of those waiting areas where they bring you until they utilize the results.
"Just promise me you will never leave..."
"Hey, I'm here in my sleeping bottoms. I think that's enough for a token of love" I smiled, but obviously he didn't think it was as funny as I thought it was.
"Mister Anderson?" a doctor walked towards us.
"Yes?" Marc replied.
"You're lucky that you haven't damaged you legs any further. But we're assuming that you have a slight concussion. You have to stay here for one night and if everything's fine you can go home then."
"What?!" Marc screamed and then gave me the 'why the heck did you take me here' - look. "I don't want that."
"Marc!"
"No, Jona. I'm not putting myself through that torture of sleeping in a hospital with 'beeps' everywhere again."
"Marc, otherwise you'll risk your health again."
"Marc, I'll be here with you.""
"Take me home, Jona. Just take me home"
"Of course you can leave, but that's on your own risk" the doctor said.

Marc looked at me and I just nodded.
"Okay, I'll take you home" I said, but not being pleased at all.
"Okay, I'll just give you something against the pain and then in an hour you can leave. After you signed the papers."
Marc nodded and the doctor gave him another IV. Then he left.
"Why does this always happen to me?"
"Honey..." I softly rubbed the palm of his hand. "You're glad that I cannot reject a single wish of yours."

I didn't know what to do, to be honest. Everything bad seemed to be happening to him. My hands were held back. He had his own will and if he so badly wanted to go home then I had to follow his wish. And you know what? It sucked, it sucked big time. All I wanted was Marc to be happy and now everything became worse because of him having a dickhead.

"J-jona?" he whispered, grabbing for my hand that had lost the grab of his. He didn't manage though. It was obvious that his medicaments had kicked in.
"Yes?"
"W-will you l-love me even if I'm a... A c-cripple?" he asked weakly. God he was in an awful state, but at least he wasn't in any pain.
"I will always love you, Marc. I loved you from the second I saw you."
"That's g-good..."
"Yes. Yes, it is" I smiled and placed my other hand on his forehead, just to run down his hair with my fingers. I stroked a few strands of hair out of his face. He was so beautiful, there was nothing you could criticize about his outward appearance. He was the definition of beautiful.

***

"Mister Smith?"
"Yes?" I jumped up when I saw the doctor.
"Can you take him home although he's sleeping. I think he'll just sleep because of the medication."
"Of course!"
"Then you can take him home now. But please, if his state is any what striking, take him back here as quick as possible."
"Of course. Thank you."

The doctor smiled and unbuckled Marc from every machine that he was onto. Then he left without saying anything else.
I looked at Marc before carefully lifting him up. He groaned a little bit, but continued to sleep deeply.