Part One - Chapter Seven

Hello :)
The reason I haven't updated until now is that I totally rewrite this story and overthink it because I've been reading so much stuff and the writers did such an incredible job and I want to come anywhere near there. Okay, long sentence there. Well, I hope you like this part and appreciate of me giving you a long chapter. Also, thanks for over 100 reads already. I thought none of my readers would read this, but this story has not been up for too many days and I know I'm not Wattpad famous, so I am happy with every read I can get.
So, I will not bother you any longer. Xx

_____________________________

"Honey, stop sobbing, please. I need to focus on the road!"
"Sorry, Ellie" I mumbled and tried to hold my sobs back. I felt like screaming and crying, wanted to get rid of the hole in my chest, the pain that heisted me the air to breath.
"We're going to be home soon, then I'll be totally there for you, as long as you need me."
"T-thanks..." I mumbled in a high pitched voice.

When we arrived at my flat and entered it, I fell onto my couch and grabbed a pillow to cry in. People were right when they said that heartache was the worst pain. I felt awful, used, and ugly. Everything was so torn up, I hated the whole world for everything it did to me. I felt Ellie sitting down next to. She placed her hand on my back and stroked it comfortingly.
"Do you want to tell me what happened?" she asked softly.
"I don't know... It just hurts so much Ellie. It hurts that he does not recognize me..."
"What did he say?"
"He asked me who I was..." I muttered, swallowing hard before I could even speak it out.
"I'm sorry" she whispered and laid her head on my back, wrapping her arms around me. "You must feel really awful when you're even crying. I didn't know you were able to do that..."
"I just cry because... Of him," I said weepy, "..because I love him."
"I know, honey, I know..." she whispered comfortingly and wrapped herself around me.

We stayed in that position for good damn twenty minutes, then she pulled away because the phone rang. She got up and took it.
"Yes." "Yes." "Oh, that's good news!" "Yes." "Yes, thank you." "Yes, we'll be there in half an hour." She hung up and came back. I turned around to look at her. "What?" I asked.
"Get up, get dressed."
"Why?" I didn't really felt like doing anything other than crying out everything that stayed inside of me for so long. I couldn't hold anything anymore, everything exploded inside of me. It was pure pain mixed with the most horrible of all rages. I looked at her, if my eyes could tell her how much I wanted to leave they would have disappeared.

"Don't ask, do it." Her words were well chosen, she got me with them. When she put on that tone, you would not want to mess with her. So although I hated her I did as I was told because I did not need her to be mad at me, as well.

"Where are we going?" I asked shyly, not sure if she would bite my head off. We were in her car and she was driving like everything depended on our intentions.
"Don't. Ask."
"Oh, okay, chef."

I was furious when we arrived at the hospital. "What are we doing here?!" I shouted at her.
"Calm down! They said it was urgent for us, uh for you, to arrive here."
"Why?! Didn't you understand me? He did not realize me, he does not want me there! I don't get why I should put myself through even more pain."
"Jona! I have a reason!"
"Okay, if you can tell me one reliable reason to stay, I will."
"Because he fu-... Because he freaking asked for you!"
"W-what..?" I whined, not knowing whether to believe her or be angry.
"Yes! But instead of asking you shouted at me. That's not fair!"
"You brought me here without asking..." I had that high pitched voice again, felt like crying again. Now that I had started once, I couldn't stop it anymore.
"Because I knew you would not come with me if you knew where we were going."
"You could have asked me anyway!"
"Oh, come on. Does that really matter now?"
I looked at the entrance. "No" I muttered whilst getting out of the car and walking towards the entrance. Why did Marc ask for me to come back? It made no sense to me, he obviously said that he did not know me.

"Hello?" I asked a nurse.
"How can I help you?" she replied puritanically.
"My name is Jona Smith, I was ordered to arrive here as soon as possible."
"Follow me."
I followed her into Marc's room and stared at the floor until she left.

And there I stood, lost, next to the man I was crazy in love with. And all I brought out was a single and stupid 'hello'. It was hard for me to stay strong and not ran out of the room again.
"Look at me" Marc suddenly said, almost demanding. "And come closer, I cannot speak loudly."

I did as I was told and leaned against a wall closer next to him.
"Look at me" he said again.
"I c-can't" I whispered.
"Why not?"
"Because..."
"What's your name?"
"Jona" I whispered, still staring holes into the floor.
"Jona, look at me... Please."

I brought myself to look at him. Damn, he was so beautiful it made me let out a tear again.
"Finally" he whispered.
"Why do you want me here?"
"Because I want to talk to you."
"Why? You don't even know me."
"They told me you where here the whole time. What are we, Jona? I need to know this stuff. So please, sit down next to me and talk to me."
"I don't want to stress you out. You need to rest..."
"It stresses me out more if I don't know anything."
"I don't see any sense in it if you do not remember me..."
"But something is between us, isn't it?"
"How do you want to know?"
"Why else would you have been here all day every day?"

I sighed and grabbed a chair to sit down next to him.
"I don't even know you, but you're driving me crazy already" he giggled. "Do you know how hard it was to get you here and it's even worse to have you here, being a handsome human-being and not knowing you. So please tell me something that belongs to us."

God damn, I needed him to remember me and fall in love with me because I wanted him in my life so badly. He was so clear about anything, had no problem to say or do whatever he liked to. He owned a lot of self confidence that he could feed fifty shy kids with it and still have enough to offer.

"Tell me about yourself" he said.
"Why?"
"Because I want to know the boy that stayed with me, just laying here, wasting my life."
"My name is Jona Smith, I'm 22, I'm about to be richer than this whole city together, I'm gay, I like Italian food, I wear expensive clothes, ..."
"Woah, that's a lot!" he laughed. "You seem to be very rich, how the hell did you do that?"
"I'm the future CEO of Smith Inc..."
"That's you?!"
"It's my father, but he'll have me take over the firm in a year..."
"That's so cool!"
"Yeah, kind of sucks. Everybody wants your money, unless they know you are gay and want to be your best friend" I smiled, thinking about Ellie.

"So,... You are gay" he giggled.
"You are as well" I objected.
"I know" he smiled. "Continue, this is getting interesting. Tell me what happened, every single detail. I need to reconstruct things."
"Do you want to hear the good or the bad things first?" I asked shyly.
"Tell it chronically."

I looked at him, not knowing where to start at all. I must have started at him again because he asked me how we got to know each other. So I told him, everything.
"That sounds cute" he said and smiled.
"That was cute" I corrected him.
"And then? Come on, tell me what happened that day. When was that anyway?"
"Two weeks ago..." I sighed.
"Seriously? I was gone for that long? And you stayed here all the time?"
"Yes..." I mumbled.
He shook his head. "T-thanks."
"Okay, so we went to the cinema and then we had dinner and I wanted to drive us home and suddenly a truck crashed into your side" I suddenly said.
"Was it...your fault?" he said sadly.
"We had the green traffic light."
"Oh, sorry."
"No, I'm sorry. I should not have driven."
"Stop saying that! You said it wasn't your fault and I believe you."
"Why would you believe me? Without me you wouldn't be here at all!"
"Because you stayed here all the time and I cannot remember someone to be so nice to me. I left my family, didn't I?"
"That's what you told me."
"Was I happy that evening? And what did we do?"
"I think so. At least I was" I said.
"Jona, what happened between us?" he asked while he looked me deeply into the eyes.
"This" I said and leant forward to peck his lips.