Chapter 7

Dahlia's pov:

It has been three days and we're down to three if us. Me, the girl from eight, and the boy from six. I've yet to run into either of them.

I have gotten loads of food from sponsors in the past few days and a few more knives. I know very well that these are only getting more expensive, along with the favors Finnick is probably doing for them.

No one has found me since I killed the careers. I don't think anyone is looking. My tree fort is still standing and I have been saving my food and rationing it out in too small portions for the amount I have. It hasn't been hard, as I don't feel like eating anymore.

I lay in my tree fort and try to get a full night of sleep when a scream breaks me out of my thoughts. I run outside of my tree fort and directly outside I see the two other tributes. The boy, who can't be older than thirteen lays on the ground with a spear in his chest.

I stay hidden as the girl looks around. She has badly wrapped cuts all the way down her arm. She won't last long as she didn't clean the cuts well and she knows it. That is why she is hunting us, well only me now.

I sit in silence as she scans the area. I don't move. She looks right over me and runs in the opposite direction. After a while I get up and go to the boy's body. He is still alive.

He is shaking and tears are running down his cheeks. It is a miracle he is still breathing. He will undoubtedly die any minute. Nothing I can do would save him.

"H-help me please." He begs.

"Don't worry. What is your name?" I ask going to his side using the extra bandages to patch up a few cuts on his arm because I know that is all I can do.

"A-abram." He says still shaking.

"Well Abram you see those stars right up there?" I ask.

He nods.

"Well that's a constalation. If you connect the stars it makes pictures. What do you think that one looks like?" I ask calmly.

"It looks like a bear!" He says enthusiastically.

"Exactly!" I say matching his enthusiasm.

He smiles at the sky for a few moments.

"Thank you" He says quietly.

I brush the hair out of his face as he closes his eyes for the last time. A cannon goes off. I get a flower and place it behind his ear.

I grab my supplies and go to the cornacopia. This ends now. I will wait there until she comes back. I don't doubt she will, all her stuff is here. Poorly hidden under a few rocks.

I lay on the top of the cornacopia staring at the stars. If I die at least I will have died under a sky full of stars. I braid my hair up in two French braids knowing that there will most likely be a fight soon and having my hair in my face is not something I need.

I wait for what seems like hours just staring at the stars like me and Finnick used to. I smile at the memories, their all I have.

Finnick's Pov:

I watch on the edge of my seat as Ceaser commentates what is happening. All the mentors gather around one TV. Most mentors stop watching the games when their tributes die.