Chapter 5

Dahlia's Pov:

We've been walking for hours, Peeta leads the way and I think Finnick is trying to get Katniss to kill him. His snide comments seem to put her more and more on edge. So this plus our inability to find water has everyone nearing the end of their patience.

He keeps me near him, or I keep him near me. Maybe we both gravitate towards each other as the world collapses around us.

"PEETA!" Katniss screams

Half a second later Peeta flew back as he hit the forced field. Katniss runs to him followed by Finnick. Katniss was hystarical.

I quickly go to Finnick's aid and pull Katniss off of him. Finnick's doing CPR as I try to calm down Katniss who is freaking out.

I silently hope that Peeta doesn't die. If he does I doubt Katniss would be able to come back after that.

After a few antagonizing moments later and Peeta let's out a breath. Finnick moves away and I let go of Katniss. She runs to him and they kiss.

"Still don't believe it's real?" I whisper to Finnick.

"If you run into a forcefield I'll personally drive every game maker from the capital." He whispers to me so that the cameras couldn't hear him.

"I love you too." I answer

We decide to set up camp and me and Finnick start weaving the leaves to make a place to sleep. Katniss goes on look out after a small argument.

"She's never going to trust us, is she?" I ask

"You can't trust anyone in the hunger games. Especially for it's track record for betrayal." Finnick says

"Betrayal is something we can't afford right now. We all have to stick together, especially with the careers lurking around." Peeta says

"I can tell we're going to get along just fine." I say leaning slightly on Peeta.

Finnick raises an eyebrow but Peeta just let's out a good natured laugh. I smile, this is a start to an alliance.

It takes a while for me to feel the dehydration but once it does it is the worst feeling. Finnick notices after a few minutes of me trying to get the world to stop spinning.

"I think we're going to need water soon guys." He says squeezing my hand.

"Agreed, I'll go find us something to eat and keep an eye out for some drinkable water." Katniss says leaving with her bow.

My head gets lighter but I still try my best to stay alert. Katniss comes back after a while with a large tree rat.

"No luck with water?" Finnick asks

"No, but there has to be some. The rat had some water a while ago." Katniss says taking a deep breath.

I've become increasingly aware of my chapped lips and dry mouth. I look at the ground to think for a moment. Then I hear a ring and turn to see a gift from one of our sponsors falling from the sky.

"Thank the stars, please let it be water." I mutter.

Katniss gets to it first and opens it to reveal a spile. After a bit of debate for what it could be for we render it useless. I hated this.