Chapter 9

Dahlia's Pov:

I woke up laying next to Finnick who was still asleep. He looked so peaceful, so perfect. I pulled myself closer to him resting my hand on his bare chest. I had missed this, the security of laying next to him feeling his body next to mine.

"You really can't keep yourself off me." He muttered half awake.

"How could I? Your THE Finnick Odair." I said jokingly

He chuckled before pulling me in closer.

"You're so beautiful." He whispered into my hair

I giggled and buried my face into his chest. He smelt of district 13, a smell I was far from fond of usually but knowing who the smell belonged to made it seem appealing. He used to smell of the sea but we've spent so much time from district 3 that the smell has been washed clean off.

It has been almost two months since our wedding and it has been like a dream. Everything feels so perfect especially for being stuck in district 13. We've spent every moment we could together and I've been cleared to fight alongside Katniss and Finnick if ever needed.

I move to get up but Finnick pulls me back to bed.

"No" he mumbles still half asleep

"Finnick, I have a doctors appointment in thirty minutes, I have to go." I say pushing his hair back as I try to pull myself out of bed.

"Why do you even need to go to the doctors?" He asked

"It's just a checkup, to double clear me." I lie, to tell the truth I've missed my last two periods and have a suspicion I need confirmed.

"You're already cleared just stay here," he says, "I'll make it worth your while."

I laugh at him and finally pull his arms off me. I start putting on my district 13 clothes and pulling my hair back in braids with Finnick telling me to go back to bed in the background.

Finnick walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Just stay for ten more minutes."  He muttered tiredly

"Ten more minutes and I'll be late. I have to leave. Love you!" I said getting my stuff together and walking out the door.

"Love you!" He calls out from our room as the door closes.

I rush to the doctors avoiding most eye contact on the way. I'm excited, me and Finnick have always talked about a baby, but it seemed like such a far away concept until now.

I enter the doctors waiting room and it only takes a few minutes for them to give me a test. The man who picked up my test looked hesitant as he took the small cup away.

I waited anxiously, I probably should've told Finnick to come with me. He would be just as excited as I am and probably could ease my nerves better than anyone else.

Finally the man came back in, closing the door before making sure no one came in after him.

"Dahlia, your test results came back positive." He say with an oddly troubled look for such good news.