Chapter 4

Dahlia's Pov:

I wake up to Finnick knocking on the door. Deep bags line his eyes, he mustn't have slept much last night. And the worst part is that it was mostly my fault.

"Wake up sunshine." He says, smiling

I get up and wrap my arms around him tenderly. He smiles and says, "What is this for?"

"For good luck today." I say lovingly

I make my bed real quick so the avox won't have too much work in my room. And we leave to breakfast.

There is almost way too much food there. My designer doesn't let me eat too much. He says it will make me bloated. I Can tell this makes Finnick mad as he's spent so much time over the past couple of years taking me from skin and bone to the nice figure I have now. But it's okay because Devan and Finnick both hand me food under the table.

I smile at them as I eat the bacon and rolls that they hand me. But I can't pretend that I don't notice them trading glares from across the table.

Immediately after everyone finishes eating, my designer takes me to fix my outfit and my look. Apparently he needs my prep team to fix my hair again and my nails to make me look presentable.

I wait for hours as he inspects me until he deems me perfect. The dress I wear is a pale blue that makes my eyes look less out of place in comparison to my tan skin. I can't help but be sad at the dulling of my eyes.

But I don't complain. My hair is pulled up half up half down. I look better than I ever had. I don't know what magic my designer did but somehow I look beautiful.

I have never been particularly insecure but thinking about going back to how I used to look fills me with dread. Maybe this is why all the capital residents are so vain.

My designer takes me to the room where we all wait for the interviews to start. Finnick is talking to Devan about what he is going to say when I meet with them.

Finnick turns around and eyes me up and down before a sweet smile breaks his once serious face. Devan's jaw drops. He quickly smiles at me.

"Y-"

"You look beautiful. Absolutely amazing." Devan interrupts Finnick.

I smile.

"Thank you." I say happily, ignoring Finnick's angry comments towards Devan.

We wait in line anxiously as the other tributes are interviewed one by one. Finally it is my turn. I walk up smiling. I wave to the crowd. I can't see everyone but the men in the crowd whistle and all stare at me intensely. Something about the way they are looking at me makes me uncomfortable.

I sit next to Ceaser. He has a neon green hairstyle. And even he seems a captivated by the way I look.

"Hello Dahlia. You look beautiful." He compliments.

"Thank you. I feel beautiful Ceaser." I say, charming like Finnick said.

"So a pretty girl like yourself must have quite the talents." Ceader states