Chapter 3

Dahlia's Pov:

"Good morning" Finnick says kissing me lightly

"Good morning" I reply closing my eyes again and snuggling back into the covers.

"Get up, we have to go to trianing." Finnick says moving a strand of hair from my face.

"You can go. I'm staying in bed."

Finnick chuckles, "Love, get up. We don't want to be late."

"I'm not joking."

Finnick's face falls and he sits up. I turn over and close my eyes again. He turns me over lightly and looks at me with concern in his eyes.

"Dahlia, you have to go. It's our only chance."

"Finnick, I'm tired. I don't want to go." I say sitting up

He holds my face trying to convince me to go to the stupid training center that was the last place I went before my life was ruined.

"Please, for me?" Finnick asks

I roll my eyes and nod sleepily. He smiles and kisses my nose. He throws me some work out clothes and I change.

"Breakfast?" I ask

"Let's go my lady." He says putting his arm out.

I train hard for the next few days. Finnick promises he will take care of alliances so I can focus on training. I've been training ever since my games but I know I have to practice with the new equipment that they have.

It's the last day of training when Peeta walks over to the hand to hand station where I'm training.

"Hey, your Peeta right?" I ask taking a drink of water.

"Yeah, your Dahlia Rodriguez. Your precision is amazing." He says

"Did Haymitch tell you to say that?" I ask jokingly

"No, I just noticed that you haven't missed a single target and landed every punch. Remind me not to get in a fight with you."

"Allies?" I ask putting my hand out to shake

"I'll see if I can convince Katniss."

"She doesn't like Finnick all that much does she?" I ask running my fingers through my hair that is damp with sweat.

"Well she's real stressed, with everything going on."

"Don't worry I know Finnick can be a lot sometimes. She's one of the only girls who don't immediately go crazy at the sight of him. So I respect her." I say

"Well I'll try to talk her into an alliance."

"Great, she's pretty good with a bow." I say casually

"And Finnick's pretty good with a trident." Peeta says

"Looks like we got ourselves pretty great district partners." I say setting up the simulation for hand to hand again.