Chapter 10

Dahlia's Pov:

We pack up our few belongs and make our way to the hanger where a plane waits for us. We have hardly spoken to each other since our argument last night. I think we're both trying to process the others feelings and I know I'm trying to ignore the hurt I feel from his harsh words.

We get on the hanger and are quickly debriefed on what we're to do when we get on the ground in the capital. I sit next to Finnick but he doesn't seem to notice I'm there. His hands are busied with a rope as he ties knots in it over and over. I wish I could know what is going on in his head.

"Why the knots?" I ask gently

"The doctors recommended it to calm me down well you were gone in the capital." He says not looking up from the knots.

"I'm so sorry." I whisper turning my head away, maybe I was the reason he was so broken. Maybe if I had just kept away when I saw him on the docks none of this would of happened.

His head shoots up to face me but my eyes stay glued to my feet.

"Sorry for what?" He asks

"For everything, for all of this."

"Why would you be sorry for this? You're the best thing to ever happen to me." His eyes hold a worried yet gentle look.

"It's not fair to you, all this."

"Hey, we're both in this together and in a year or two we'll being living our dream life and this war will be nothing but a memory." He sets his rope down and places his arm around my waist.

It was true, in just a few short months I'd be a mom and he'd be a dad but he still doesn't know about it. This morning I had to sit in the shower because I felt so nauseous but he can not know under any circumstances.

"A big house right next to the beach." I say leaning my head onto his shoulder.

"Nights under the stars." He adds

"Watching the sunset."

"Maybe a little you one day." This catches me off gaurd, does he know?

"Would you rather have a boy or a girl?" I ask trying to sound casual, maybe he doesn't know.

"I'd be happy with either, maybe one girl and a boy."

"What would you name them?" I asked

He thought for a second before answering, " For a girl, Maggie, after Mags you know." I nod, of course I remember Mags she was the kindest women I knew she died a few months after the quarter quell, "I don't know about a boy name, what would you pick?"

"I like Maggie, maybe Finnick Jr for a boy. Named after his dad." I say smiling at him.

"I could go for that." He responds

"You'll be a great dad." I say smiling up at him

"I can't wait."

We talk more about our future until we finally land. We wait there for a few moments before the plane's door opens and Boggs comes in.

"Glad to see they finally shipped us the rest of our crew." He says, "Your friends got here yesterday."

"Perfect, what are we gonna do?" I ask looking around as we walk out of the plane, the capital has been ransacked rubble is all over and the buildings are only half standing.

"Mostly shoot propos and look like we're helping. The capital has placed a bunch of traps all over this place, so step lightly if you set one off it may be the last step you ever take."

"Sounds like fun." Finnick adds as we get to a couple of tents that look like they were set up recently by the lack of dust that seems to cover everything else in this place.

"Hardly." Boggs responds

We enter the tents to see Katniss who is messing with her bow.

"Katniss!" Finnick exclaims

She looks up and as she sees Finnick a look of relief washes over her face. She tosses her bow to the side before running up and giving Finnick a hug.

"Well that was a short honeymoon." She says looking a me

"We couldn't let you have all the action." I reply

"What'd we miss." Finnick asks

"A lot, but don't worry you'll get caught up fast." Katniss says

We spend the rest of the day listening to the plans for tomorrow and the propos we plan to shoot. When night finally comes me and Finnick push our cots together.

"Please don't fuck." Gale says rolling his eyes

"Someone's jealous." Finnick says laying down.

Gale let's out an annoyed sigh and I snuggle into Finnick's arms. It takes longer for me to fall asleep in such a new, dangerous place, but eventually the sound of Finnick's heartbeat lulls me to sleep.

I wake up before everyone else, more nauseous than ever before. I quickly slip away from me and Finnick's bed and race to try and throw up in private. No one else is up except for me and Boggs, who is staying watch.

I find a secluded space and make sure my hair is out of the way. I was so distracted I didn't realize Boggs was standing behind me until it was too late.

"Boggs, I'm so sorry I'm just nervous." I say trying to cover to more than embarrassing thing he just watched.

"I have a wife at home Odair, I'm not stupid. Why aren't you back at thirteen?" He says

"Don't tell anyone I don't want to get sent back." I say tears threatening to fall, everything I've planned is held in Boggs' hands.

"You're going to be too much of a risk in the field in this state, you could compromise our missions. Plus your decision making will be impaired because of the hormones. It's not worth the risk just so you can stay with your boyfriend."

"Please Boggs, don't."

Before I could say another word he leaves, everyone else is still asleep but in the silence I can hear Boggs making a call. When he's finished I approach him with just one request.

"Don't tell Finnick, please." I say tears running down my face.

"It doesn't matter instead of sending you back they say their sending someone to keep you in check. But don't worry Odair I won't tell anyone, but you better not give me a reason to force them to take you back." He says sternly

"Thank you so much Boggs!" I'm tempted to give him a hug but I know he doesn't want me here let alone to be touching him.

But all that matters is I'm safe for now.