045 | lucid dreams

sujin sat beside me, "ah stop crying sora! it's been 2 weeks. he broke up with you and almost cost you a limb." she said flipping through my notes.

i lift my head up from the table, "im not. i'm trying to sleep." i sighed.

she looked lost staring at my papers, "but you keep slumping around with that mindset of yours, youre such an overthinker"

i rolled my eyes pointing at the answer of her problem, receiving a smile.

"crazy thing about being an overthinker is that most times you're right."

she closed the notes and looked at me fiercely. "i have something that will help you" she smiled tying her hair up.

"hm?" i looked up at her.

she packed up our things and dragged me to her house. it was lovely, she had a 3 story house with a huge garage. there was flowers planted in the front of the yard and light poles headed up the driveway.

she opened up the house and set her bag on the long kitchen island. "what do you want to eat" she said setting her hands on the table.

i sat on one of the kitchen chairs among the 4 and set my phone down, "anything is fine." i looked around her spacious kitchen.

"hmm okay give me an hour." her hands under the running sink water.

an hour later she put out two bowls of kimchi-jjigae, 3 vegetable side dishes, and grilled pork belly with eggs, and a bowl of rice.

my eyes fluttered, "sujin i didn't know you cooked..."

she laughed as she handed me a pair of chopsticks, "who else did you think made you that soup at the hospital?"

i admired her. she was pretty, even cooks well, and was so lovely. no wonder everyone liked her, not just that, everyone wanted to be her friend.

we finished the meal faster than it took to cook it. i laid down on her giant couch that faced towards her fireplace and tv projector.

i played around with the tv and ended up spacing out as i watched the screen blink.

"not again~" sujin dreaded her words. "i have something for you" she got up and walked to the kitchen.

she came back and put the object down. i blinked and looked back at her.

"i don't drink" i said sitting up.

"i don't either. only a little bit. my dad bought this imported from Italy!" she set down shot glasses.

i watched as she poured the drink into the cup.

"look," she said, she grabbed a shot glass and swiftly tilted her head back in one go.

she placed the glass down and shot me a smile.

she was right. it was good. it made my body feel warmer. the taste was sweet but left a bitter taste in my mouth.

as time passed, i started to feel drowsy. i only felt like sleeping. my vision was blurry and i was starting to see double.