024 | worth

[sunghoon pov]

jay walked into the practice room, "hey bro" he sat down handing me a water bottle. i grabbed the waterbottle and nodded back at him.

he watched me take a drink out of the waterbottle,"why are you like that, its not hayeon is it?" he asked.

i stared at my reflection in the mirror across the room and looked down at the ground. he put his arm over my shoulder, "ah sunghoon! cheer up man. she left without even saying goodbye, she's not worth it."

i shook my head, "it's been a year, i don't know why i still think about her" i buried my head in my arms.

jay patted my back, "come on let's go"

"huh?" i looked up at him, he put his hand out and waved it "come on"

he pulled me up and i followed him out the practice room, "doyoung called me earlier to go eat out with them, junkyu, hyunsuk and this girl, doyoungs friend" he said as we walked up to the bus stop.

"chincha? kim doyoung? from yg?" i exclaimed. he looked at me and nodded, "this is where you ask who the girl is" he said annoyed.

my mind was blank, "oh who's the girl.." i scratched my head. he put his hand over his face, "ahhh she goes to sopa with treasure, i think she's yoshis little sister"

i nodded, "oh okay" i said looking into the street for the bus. he hit my arm, "ya can you get a hint, this is your chance to find a new girl" jay yelled.

i looked at him and patted his shoulder, "im not interested, and plus i wouldn't use a girl so i could forget about hayeon" i said.

"you haven't even meant the girl, and plus, hayeon can't just keep running in your mind everyday" he said as the bus pulled up. i really wasn't interested in talking to someone again.

i couldn't imagine myself with anyone else, i missed hayeon, i really do. but we're not together anymore. and i know she no longer thinks about me or our breakup like i do.

i stopped going out as much and talking to anyone. i started struggling with practice due to her leaving. but practice was my only get away, people would say ive become cold since i've distanced myself from everything. but really i just missed her.

[sora pov]

it was lunch time at school and i was on my phone eating my lunch, sujin sat down across from me and put her bag down. "hey sora! i heard there was going to be a project in ms. hana's class this week. do you wanna work on it together?" she smiled.

"ah really? we get to work in partners?" i asked finishing up my lunch. she nodded, "yea, i didn't think she would let us work together since she's so strict but this is so much better anyways!" she laughed.

i nodded, "yea we should be partners, ill be fun" i giggled. i would consider sujin my best friend now, we've known each other for about a few months and we've gotten super close. she introduced me to her friends and i was also able to make a few more from her.

haruto and yedam came up to us and the both sat next to me on each side. i looked at sujin and she stared at haruto. i turned and saw him looking at me.

my palms started becoming sweaty and i could feel my cheeks become hot. i looked away and turned to yedam, "what do you guys want, im eating" i huffed. "don't think your special sora~ yoshi told us to come get you" yedam teased. i rolled my eyes, "for what" i said.

"we're having a party tonight, we need to set up" i heard haruto say. my body was still faced to yedam, "can't you guys just set up by yourselves? you guys literally have 12 people" i whined.

he laughed and stood up, in confusion i looked up at him and he quickly grabbed my arm and started pulling me away. "let go, this is unfair" i said. he let go of my arm, right as when i thought he would stop yedam shoved my things in my bag and handed it to me.

i let out a sigh, "okay okay! fine" i said snatching the bag from his hand hearing haruto laugh after watching us from the side . i had quickly looked up at haruto catching a quick glipse of his eyes. i stubbled back loosing balance and haruto quickly grabbed my wrist to catch me.

god i need to stop getting myself into these positions, my arm is one yank closer to falling off. "be careful" i heard haruto say. i avoided his eyes and nodded, "sorry" i said lowly.

i stopped and turned around, sujin stared back at us. she looked upset, it was probably because i had accidentally left her out and didn't notice. i waved goodbye, "sorry, ill see you later" i mouthed.

she nodded and slightly smiled, she looked away and her facial expression changed. i watched her get up and walk away.

"sora you're a turtle, we don't have all day" i heard yedam yell out. i turned around and both of them had walked half way already. "ah" i grumbled putting on my backpack and i quickly ran after them.