041 | keep; company

[sora pov]

i gasped up for a breathe of air, i could feel my heart beating and the numbness in my legs. doyoung rushed over to me and grabbed my arm.

"sora! you're awake! do you feel okay? are you hurting? do you want me to call the doctor?" he called, frantically panting as he touched my face with the back of his hand.

i found it hard to make out words, "how long-"

"a week." he answered before hearing my question.

i couldn't find the courage to move, but somehow i felt fine. i looked at him and his eyes were pink and puffy.

"is... he okay?" i asked hesitantly.

"harutos a few rooms down, he's okay for now. he only had a few minor injuries, he's recovering fast," asahi said behind doyoung.

my body relaxed. i wanted to see haruto, even if my body could barely hold itself up. i wanted to see if he was okay. but it was different now, we broke up before this whole accident - for the both of us, i know i shouldn't be around him.

a sudden ring broke the silence - doyoung took out his phone from his pocket with his hand still holding mine.

he nodded a few times, "okay, i understand. thank you."

ive never heard doyoung talk formally around me. i watched him end the call and put his phone away.

"the manager called us for a meeting at the company". he paused, "it's about the accident"

i started to feel guilty, this was my fault. everyone is at risk now because of me.

"i'll stay here with you, i'll go later," he said sitting back down next to my side.

"no doyoung, you should go, i don't want you to get in more trouble. i'm sorry for all of this-" i shut my eyes.

he sighed, "you didn't do anything wrong sora. are you sure you'll be okay?"

i nodded with a soft smile, i looked over at asahi and he looked down at the ground biting his lip.

you said that everything will be okay.

doyoung stood up and pulled the covers over my arm, "we'll be sure to tell yoshi and the others as soon as we get there. i'll get you some food too. we'll be back okay?" he said.

asahi went up to me as doyoung got to the door, he never shared his emotions with me like that, but i knew he cared.

"it's okay go asahi, you'll be late" i smiled and motioned him.

he nodded sadly and they left shutting the door behind them. it was silent, the only thing you could hear was the beeping sound of the monitor and the drops of the iv.

it somewhat calmed me, i felt at peace. i had so much things running in my head, so many things were bothering me. but i finally felt the tranquility of my life. like the rush was over.

i was able to wake up. but what if i didn't? what if i never got to see yoshi again? sujin? grandmother? haruto?

i felt the chills just from the thought of it. would they miss me? would they forget about me? i never deseprately thought about who would care if i was gone, in fact, i never thought about the importance of my presence to anyone. but now that my family grew 12 more members - i didn't know wether to give up or to stay worthwhile to them.

i hear the door creak open.

i saw a peak of dark hair appear behind the wall, it was like my head was playing it in slow motion.

"sora... are you okay?"

"sunghoon?"

he dropped the bag of food on the chair and walked closer to me.

"do you feel okay? doyoung texted us, jays still downstairs but we got you food"

i didn't even know what to say, it felt so off talking to him. the last time i had seen him - it didn't necessarily go well. does he even remember what happened?

"ah sorry, here" he pulled the table over to me and set the food out nicely. i watched his swift movements as he neatly placed the dishes on the table.

"the hospital food here is terrible. i know the lady across here that makes really good homemade food, you should try the kimchi tofu soup with the pork slices. it was my moms favorite" he grinned.

he said 'was' - meaning no longer here, gone. but he still seem to smile. is his parents also gone?

i put my hand down on the bed and slowly pushed myself up. i could feel the iv needle in my arm as i used my strength to sit up, my body was still hurting everywhere.

he instinctively grabbed my arm to lessen the pressure and helped me up. my hands had no control picking up the spoon.

"here." i watched him gently take the spoon away from my hand. i never looked at him in the eye when we first met. i guess i never did because i was afraid of him, i didn't know why but i just was. seeing him here being gentle and nice to me made me wonder more about him.

but out of all people, doyoung called sunghoon and jay. seriously? he could've called sujin or something. but i guess sunghoon would work.

he scooped the food on the spoon and put it back in my hands. sunghoon was right, the food was good. i found myself eating everything that he had set down.

i noticed before he was forceful with his actions and bitter with what he said but now his eyes are doe and showed soft facial expressions when he talked to me. maybe i just wasn't noticing it before. or doyoung told him i was dying or something so he's feeling pitiful of me.

i heard the door open again, jay popped his head out first and smiled.

"hey sora, we bought you stuff to have so you wouldn't die here" he said sarcastically.

i laughed, "hey it's probably not that bad"

"you've only been awake for 2 hours. you're definitely going to rot" sunghoon said putting the containers away back in the bag.

nevermind there goes that bitter sunghoon again.

jay started pulling things out from the bag he brought in,

"a fluffy blanket, snacks, GUMMIES - these are the best trust me, hand warmers, books, your homework, and some clothes" he ended it off with his nose crinkled.

"you brought my homework? out of all things" i said blinking at him.

i hear sunghoon chuckle in the back, "doyoung ordered for that request. the homework isn't gonna do itself!"

i was in utter shock, i need to delete whatever nice things i said about him from my brain. he really has the nerve to tell me to do that after he witnessed me struggling to pick up a piece of metal?

though it was a pain to sit through, i was grateful enough to have them be there and bring me things to keep me company. jay and sunghoon stayed for a while and entertained me until the members came back from the meeting then they took off.

i heard rushed footsteps towards the door and the door opening fiercely.

"sora! you're awake" yoshi ran bringing me into a hug. i could feel his breathes quickening against my face.

"i'm sorry"