037 | my return

[sora pov]

yoshi and i took a cab back to the hotel two days later. i knocked on the door and mashiho greeted us with his cheesy smile. i flicked his forehead and pulled my luggage in laughing as i heard mashiho freak out rubbing his head.

i tirelessly dragged myself to my shared room with haruto and plopped myself on the bed. there was shuffling from the bathroom and haruto walked out with wet hair and a towel around his neck.

"how was your parents?" i quizzed, putting my things away.

"it was fine," he sat putting the towel on his head. he sounded down for whatever reason, i figured it was just about his visit.

a smile formed on my face, i got up and remembering the candies grandmother made for yoshi and i before we left.

"do you want some? maybe i'll make you feel better..." i raised a brow and opened my hand out to him.

"i don't really feel like it right now," he looked away and got up carelessly. my eyes followed him walk to the sliding door outside.

i dropped the snacks down onto the bed and grabbed his hand. i stared at the back of his head waiting for him to meet my eyes.

"whats wrong?"

i knew there was something bothering him, there had to. he never acts this way, bitter and cold.

he turned around with his eyes lowered to the ground and took my grip off his hand.

"please, i don't want to do this right now."

just like that, he walked out of the room. i felt hurt that he shut me out. my head was empty, i didn't know what to do. do i go after him? do i leave him alone? do i ask if it's his parents? or was it me?

i sat in the silence and grabbed my phone scrolling into my contacts clicking the name that sat at the bottom of the list, 'mom'.

december 13 - i miss you mom and dad, we visited grandma and she's healthy and doing very well. i hope you are well too. i wish i could hear your words of wisdom right now... yoshi and i miss you so so much. i love you.

i sent my message that followed a bunch of other texts that i've sent to her number throughout the years. i still payed for her phone bills so i could text her. it just made me feel better being able to talk to her again sometimes.

-

i instinctively woke up, blinking a few times to adjust my eyes. i grabbed my phone from next to me and checked the time. id slept for about 2 hours, it was now 8pm.

i sat up and stretched from my spot looking over the bed still untouched from 2 hours ago.

i sighed tying my hair up and grabbed spare clothes along with my pillow. i sprinted across the hall to jeongwoos room, opening the door. quickly shutting it to avoid meeting anyone, especially haruto.

i see jeongwoos locks of brown hair peek out, "yah sora! you didn't even knock! why are you here," jeongwoo yelled at me.

i rushed towards him and covered his mouth.

"shh! youre too loud!" i yell whispered.

he started muffling from under my hand and aggressively pointing at me.

"what?"

he gave me a look and looked down at my hand.

"oh right. sorry," i laughed pulling my hand away.

"what do you want... why are you in here. you have your own room," he said snatching my pillow from my hand.

i breathed out deeply, "haruto doesnt want to speak to me right now. can i sleep with you tonight? i know he won't sleep well outside if i stay in the room." i said shaking his arm, begging him.

he rolled his eyes at me, "well where would jaehyuk sleep?" he said as jaehyuk walked in the room.

"hey sora!" jaehyuk said, "uhh what are you doing here?" he looked at me, "with your things..." following his eyes to the baggage on the bed.

"haruto and i are avoiding each other. well me i think. ah never mind sorry, i forgot. i'll go to the couch tonight." i said picking up my things quickly.

he tugged on my shirt "haruto is in the living room. it's okay i can go, you sleep here tonight" he patted my head with a smile.

his reassuring smile made me feel a little better. we watched him grab his belongings and head out with a little wave before shutting the door.

i closed my eyes and put my face on my pillow, "ahh!" i yelled into my pillow.

jeongwoo grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me, "stop yelling you psycho, what happened between you guys?" his eyebrows furried.

"i'm not even sure, but something is wrong." i said lowly.

"hmm he did come home yesterday pretty down. but im sure it's just because of his parents. you know his relationship with them. he likes you a lot sora. and if he is mad at you, i'm sure it'll pass." he shrugged.

it was weird to hear that come from jeongwoo, he was never comforting. i understood what he was saying, i mean i wanted the same thing. i shoved him out of annoyance - snapping out of my nice thoughts of him.

he cursed back at me and tackled me off the bed. i assumed we were making a lot of noise because we heard a knock on the door right after.

jihoon and junghwan walked in with snacks and their phones in their hands begging to play games.

"can we do a sleepover, we're so bored," junghwan pouted.

i got up and jumped on a piggyback ride on junghwan, "you miss me huh? wow, i didn't know our maknae liked me that much," i laughed squeezing his cheeks.

"people would like you more if you talked less with that mouth of yours," jihoon teased, as junghwan, who was big for his size, threw himself on the bed squishing me.

jihoon laughed and raced over to jeongwoo and hugged him, "chocolate park! let's play games!" he yelled in his ear.

we ended up playing till midnight until we got tired. junghwan and i slept in the bed and jeongwoo and jihoon volunteered to sleep on the ground with their covers they brought over from the other room.

i was able to forget for the time being awhile playing with them but once we all headed to bed, i slept with the etched feeling to my heart of haruto upset.