042 | z's

[third pov]

"sora! you need to get up and move around or else your body is going to keep hurting" sunghoon told sora as she laid peacefully on the bed.

sunghoon came by with drinks for sora after practice when everyone was gone, it was already pretty late but she struggled to sleep from the unfamiliar setting anyways.

"don't you need to go home or something! you're getting too comfortable visiting me." sora sighed.

sunghoon rolled his eyes irritated sitting down next to the window, "the moon is so bright out today" he said happily.

"no," she said immediately covering herself with her blanket.

"come onnnn you need to get up!" he extended his hand.

sora looked at his hand and back at him, "you know i didn't consider you a friend to me like a week ago right?"

he waved his hands motioning her to get up. sora sighed deeply and grabbed his hand.

she pulled her legs over the edge of the bed and gently set her feet on the slippers sunghoon placed next to the bed.

she was fragile and it hurt just to breathe in, the quick motion of getting up made her light-headed.

sunghoon swiftly wrapped his hands around her to hold her up and helped her take small steps to the door.

sora stopped, "ah this hurts too much" she shut her eyes taking a breath in.

"so! don't be a coward" he said forcing her to continue.

she shot her eyes at sunghoon and ferried her eyebrows, "if i had the power to go back time, i would've wished for the car to hit you."

he rolled his eyes and continued to guide her out the door to the hospital garden outside. the moon was full and bright, casting a light above them still visible to see everything around them.

sora held on to sunghoons arm as she limped down the hallway. she would purposely pull on sunghoons arm to hurt him and scold him every time he tried going ahead of her.

"hey! how are you going to help me and then walk fast!" sora shouted at him.

"how are you going to try and walk if you are barely walking!" he bickered.

they walked out of the hospital and into the garden that sora had admired for the past few days from her room window.

it was like a jungle. greens surrounded the place with trees, plants, grass. there were sections of ponds and potted flowers filled with pink petaled hellebores, sweet alyssums, and honeyworts and much more sora couldn't remember.

she only knew this because her mother used to plant flowers in their backyard awhile her father and yoshi dug holes for them to fill.

there was a running walkway that went through the garden. she limped about halfway through until she could see her room from below the building.

sora looked up from her window and turned towards the flowers she had seen every day.

sunghoon took out his phone and took a picture of her. he sat down on the ledge next to her and scrolled through his phone to show sora the photos he had taken.

"now you can send these to your brother and show him you aren't a weakling" he let out a laugh.

sora felt tired and hopeless after seeing how sick she looked in the picture. she wondered how haruto was doing and if he was thinking about her.

"my legs hurt sunghoon" sora said as she hung her head down, closing her eyes.

sunghoon started lecturing her for being lazy and for not wanting to get up days earlier. he rambled for about 5 minutes until he realized sora wasn't responding to him.

he looked down from his shoulder and sora had fallen asleep.

"ahh, this girl," he mumbled under his breath.

he stared at her silk black hair and her white pearl skin that exposed from her hospital gown. he looked around nervously and shut his eyes.

"damn you sora"

sunghoon gently leaned her on to his arm to support her head. he chuckled as she was still in deep sleep. pulling out his phone, he took pictures of her asleep against his shoulder so he would make fun of her when she wakes up.

-

[sunghoon pov]

i slid past the pictures i took of sora earlier. the gown she wore reminded me of eomma when she was hospitalized. she suffered so much, i wish i could've done more for her. i regret ever being mad at her and argued with her.

she never showed us that she was hurting, every part of her body became useless and she never left that suffocating room. this same hospital, the same gowns, the same hallways i remember in junior high. they never show when they suffered and they never say anything when they needed someone next to them.

i started to feel bad after forcing sora to come down here. i know the last time i saw her i was awful to her, i want to apologize but im too afraid. i just want to at least return her with some company and have her get better until i can ask for forgiveness.

it started to get chilly as the wind blew hard. i was afraid she was going to catch a fever with the additional injuries she was already suffering from.

i sighed and took off my flannel and wrapped it around her waist so it would cover her legs and won't pull up her gown. god sora you are lucky i owe you one. i gently put my arm behind her neck to support her head and put my arm behind her knees.

i set her head on my shoulder and she continued to sleep calmly with her eyes closed. i carried her up back into her room receiving looks from nurses passing by. i quickly smiled and fastened my steps.

i reached her room and sat her down on the bed and carefully set her head down on the pillow. i quietly went and grabbed a warm wet towel and lightly cleaned her face. i changed the bandaid on her cheek too and wrote on the bandaid, 'sunghoons #1 fan'

i chuckled at my humor. i would always write it on the back of eommas hand when she was in the hospital so she could think of me. i sighed thinking of her. i think she'll be happy to see me taking care of sora like this. that's what abeoji did for eomma.

i untied the flannel around her and put it back on. i grabbed the white fluffy blanket jay had brought her and pulled it over.

"goodnight sora"