C H A P T E R 1 0

C A R S zoomed on the main street of the infamous X - Block in DHA

C A R S zoomed on the main street of the infamous X - Block in DHA. The grey coloured home stood still, a stark contrast to the hullabaloo of the road. Expensive cars moved effortlessly, occasionally honking at an unexpected motorcycle that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. Inside the house an old man awaited the arrival of his only child. Worried about his whereabouts.

Around twelve thirty am, a black Civic rolled into the property. The white lights casting a spotlight on the huge wooden door. The man stepped out, locking the door and entering silently. In order to not wake up his elderly father.

"Aagai nawab sahab?"
[So you have arrived mister noble sir?]
Rehman questioned to his son who was making his way to the marble staircase, unaware of the fact that the man he was hiding from was well awake.

"Han aba. Sorry thodi si der ho gai,"
[Yes father. Sorry I got a bit late.]
Rizwan turned around. Looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"Ji ji pakray janay par sab yahi kehtay hain. Zara living room mein aao, baat karni hai". Rehman walked away, not caring for a reply.
[Yes yes everyone that's caught says this. Come into the living room, I have to talk to you.]

The grand living room featured Persian rugs and a beautiful mauve couch. As well as two chairs, made of the finest oakwood. A glass coffee table acted as the perfect touch to the area.

Rehman had saved all his salaries and sent his son Rizwan to the best schools. Overtime he under the guidance of his employer, Rehman began to invest his money. And as soon as Rizwan joined the company due to his achievements, the two had began to make a load of money. Up until a few days ago they still lived with the Kamal family. However, Rehman decided it was time for them to move out just because he wanted his son to get married and it was not a good idea to bring a daughter in law in a paraya home.
(Foreign)

"Ji aba kia baat hai?"
[Yes father what is it?]
Rizwan sat in the feet of his father. Using a fluffy floor pillow as his seat.

"Beta tumhari umar ab kaafi ho gai hai," Rehman began slowly, observing any changes in his facial expressions.
[Child you have gotten very old.]

"Ji aba. Waisay itni bhi nahi huwi!" Rizwan joked. Still not understanding his father's purpose for mentioning his age.
[Yes father. I'm not that old right now!]

"Mein sara din ghar mein akela mehsoos karta hun," the elderly man again hinted.
[I feel alone all day at home.]

"Par aba mein office sai roz chutti nahi-" Rizwan was still a bit confused.
[But father I can not take a day off from office every—]