C H A P T E R 5 3

J A S M I N E scented candles brightly lit up the tiny space

J A S M I N E scented candles brightly lit up the tiny space. Their aroma wafting through the lounge. All eyes were full of happiness. The radiant glow everlasting. The wind chimed into the living room, the open windows allowing the breeze to flow. Giving a glimpse of the tall Margala hill mountains.

All head were bowed down. Eyes full of tears as the maulvi read out loud a sermon on marriage. And rights of man on his wife and vice versa. The minds of everyone present at peace, the loud aayats that boomed through provided enough comfort.

Mustafa and Hoor stood behind Raees. Looking as royal as ever. Today was Raees's Nikkah. And they had all arrived last night to Islamabad. Ready to have the young man married to the woman who had him whipped. Mustafa wore a white boski shalwar kameez. Wearing a golden waist coat on top. His feet clad in the traditional footwear.

Meanwhile, Hoor looked as if she had steeped off of heaven itself. Her white chiffon shirt was knee length, having a boat neckline that was not too deep. The shirt was covered in golden embellishments. With green, pink, reds and oranges bringing the pop of colour. The sleeves were fitted, and at the cuff was a green velvet lace. The bottoms were a sharara and had little circles of sequins on it. The end of it, flowing and designed exactly like the ghayra of her shirt. The duppata was made of organza. With the ends dyed a shocking pink. Not too bright to dig at your eyes though. Her hair was pulled back into a sleek bun. Her head sporting a jhumar and her neck a beautiful choker. Given to her by Alia, as a gift. After she was the bari bhabhi and it was a tradition.

Raees, was wearing a white shawlar kameez with a floral prince coat on top

Raees, was wearing a white shawlar kameez with a floral prince coat on top. His hands holding a light pink shawl. The smile on his face not leaving him as he awaited the arrival of his future bride. He thanked his lucky stars that someone had told his mother of this potential rishta.

Rania Ali, was the daughter of a wealthy businessman. And the first born child of the family. Her raven locks and grey eyes, proving her heritage. He had been wooed by her the first time they met. She had shouted at him for his arrogance. And boy that had him falling like a slippery fork falls from a hand.