C H A P T E R 4 2

S T A R S were glimmering in the dark sky

S T A R S were glimmering in the dark sky. The world enveloped in a never seen before serenity. The hearts were calm as the gentle wind blew across the open air event. The bright lights, dim in front of the natural light of the stars.

The bride sat next to her groom, looking as regal as ever. Her bright maroon lipstick highlighted the white pearly teeth. Her henna covered hands gripping the bejeweled clutch tightly. Her lehnga spread out around her. As she consciously tugged at whenever someone came on the stage.

Cameramen surrounded her and her groom. Flashing bright white lights as everyone came to take pictures with them. Women she had never seen before, stepped onto the large wooden platform to hand her her salami. Pinching her cheeks, wishing her a happily ever after.

Her husband, a smitten man, could not take his eyes away from her. The soul shaking stare had her blushing. The man could not help but whisper sweet words into her ears. Coating her in his love. The two, blissfully unaware of the storm that was making its way towards them.

Hoor and Mustafa entered the hall, with Hoor being the one to wheel him in. She looked stunning in the saree that she had decided to wear. It was the first time she was attending an event with her husband, it was of great importance to her that she looked perfect, when it was just an illusion that she was creating.

Mustafa, looked dapper in his grey suit, his hands holding a box tightly. He had told her in cryptic words that tonight he would get her the respect she deserved. Putting an end to all the suffering.

He had selected his outfit for her all by himself. And it was the perfect choice. The icy-silver blue shade of it complimented her bronze skin tone. The blouse and sleeves full of heavy detailing. Adorned with the finest of sequins and embroidery. The lower half, made of silk was too covered in the same work, with zardozi. In her neck, a pearl chocker sat, in the centre of which was a green emerald.

People turned their heads as they saw the pair enter

People turned their heads as they saw the pair enter. Some faces blooming with smiles, while others withering. Rizwan and Rumaisa were shocked to see the two. They had invited them out of courtesy, thinking that the would not attend. But it was the complete opposite.