C H A P T E R 0 2 | T R A N S L A T E D |

T H E gentle October breeze moved through the mammoth sized bedroom

T H E gentle October breeze moved through the mammoth sized bedroom. The large windows that overlooked the lush greenery of the garden were pulled open. The crisp black curtains pulled apart for the moonlight to light up the room. A large Californa king sized bed occupied most of the room, at the foot of which was an ottoman. A door to the left of the bed led into the en-suite while the one next to it was for the closet. The room was situated on the ground floor. So not only did it over look the neatly kept lawn but also led one into it directly.

As the night began to proceed, the moon came higher on the sky. As it reached the centre of the midnight sky, an enchanting light was reflected on the glimmering surface of the pool. To preserve such a moment, nothing moved. No cricket chirped and no car drove by. For the first time in a decade it seemed as if all the residents of DHA had left. Leaving only their large homes to occupy land.

When the outside world became dark, his heart began to pump fast. It was suffocating. The deadly silence reminded him of how he felt. Empty. Hollow. Alone. And unfeeling. His fears gripped him from inside out. Even in the cool night he began to sweat profusely. When all became too much for his gentle heart to bear he wanted to shout at the sky. Scream. Make a noise. Anything to stop the unending stillness that surrounded him on all four sides. However, even in that moment of loneliness he was forced to remember something that had been in-graved in his mind since probably his birth.
"Ladkay rotay nahi hain" [Boys do not cry].

Mustafa entered his large bathroom. He supported himself with much effort and splashed his face with ice cold water. His face raised itself and he caught a sight of his hazel eyes red. His beard becoming wet by the second due to water running down it. His soft black hair messy thanks to all the pulling he had done.

Exiting the room, he threw his tie on to the large bed. Dragging himself to the windows, he began to stare at the stare at the starless sky. The black blanket that wrapped the large canvas made him feel weak in the knees.

Mustafa after having stared his fill at the dark entered his room. He pressed the intercom and ordered
"Rizwan bhai kamray mein ana zara,"
[Rizwan brother, could you come in my room]his tone was that of authority. But deep down only he knew how ashamed he felt. Rizwan had been serving his family since his early teens. Now he helped Mustafa out at night when he came back from his work.

Rizwan was a man in his mid twenties. With his golden hair and grey eyes, he had a huge list of women waiting to marry him. But the man deemed his loyalty to the Kamal's more important than anything in the whole universe. Hence why he had nominated himself to serve the young Mustafa for the rest of his life.

On entering the room, Rizwan worked mechanically. He took out his cotton pajamas and helped Mustafa change into them. After which he used his entire body weight to push Mustafa on his bed, who like a drunk body was of no help to support his own mass. Tucking him in, Rizwan pulled the curtains close. Everyone knew how much Mustafa hated the morning sun.