C H A P T E R 1 9

I T was finally the day of celebration

I T was finally the day of celebration. A day full of rejoicing. The world outside sounded melodious to her ears. The birds chirped and the trees swayed. Making her racing heart calm down. She felt emotional. She had never thought that the day would come so soon. The day when she would dress up for someone else. As she sat up in her bed, a smile made way to her face. Everything around her muted itself. It was only her and her racing heart.

She stepped out of bed. Her feet stepping into comfortable slippers that were a gift from her parents. A pair of fuzzy slippers. She stepped out and into her bathroom. The temperature of the water set just right before she began to bathe. Her body was a smooth as a baby's butt thanks to the waxing the day prior. As well as the facials that had given her a supple, and glowing skin. Her hazel eyes brightened as she shampooed her hair, thinking about the life that was to come.

The next step of her well planned morning routine was to moisturise. She took out a tin of the classic Nivea body lotion. One that the whole of Pakistan swore buy and rubbed it all over her body. The warm scent felt just like home. The enthusiastic bride stepped out, dressed in everyday clothes. She would dress up later at the parlour. For now it was time to have breakfast.

She quickly stepped downstairs, where her parents were waiting for her on the dining table.
"Aao beta," her mother gestured for her to sit next to her.
The smile on her face only growing. As if today, nothing could disappoint her.
"Ji ammi," she sat down.
"Beta tum kitni jaldi bari ho gai ho, aisai lagta hai abhi kal hi hum tumhein ghar lai thay," her father spoke in a silent whisper, not allowing himself to cry, as it was a sign of not being man enough.

"Ammi aaj apnay haathun sai khilao na," the bride-to-be spoke shyly, further continuing, "ab agli baar pata nahin kab aap keh haath sai khanay ko milay".
"Chal dramaybaaz," her mother slapped her shoulders.
Tears suddenly forming in her eyes. Thinking about sending her daughter away from her made her emotional. She immediately fed her jigr ka tukra a piece of toast from her own plate.

The breakfast was different from their everyday one. It was of course due to the fact that she was their heart and they would do anything for her.

The day progressed like any other. The cars still zoomed on the streets, people still had places to be. However, in one of those cars was a bride. A bride with dreams. Dreams that she had seen since she was but a pre-teen. Her heart beat faster anytime she thought about her husband. About Rizwan. The man who was not only handsome on the outside, but on the inside as well. Over the past few weeks he had made her belive in his promises. Made her trust in him. That he would never leave her alone.

The driver stopped the car infront of Maliha's a famous parlour in the DHA area. It was Rizwan who had scheduled an appointment for her to get ready from the place. Claiming that he had seen them dress up some of the finest brides he had seen. It was no doubt they were good at their job. The entire city knew about them, and it was a dream to have them do your hair and makeup on your wedding day.

She stepped feet inside the main part of the parlour. Stopping at the reception. Greeting the lady who stood their.
"Ji kis naam sai appointment hai?" The woman with blonde highlights in her caramel hair, inquired.
Completely uninterested as she chewed on her gum.
"Mrs. Rizwan". She told them.
Rizwan had made the appointment in his name, to him it did not matter they were not married yet. It was but a matter of hours before they were married.

"Shagufta inka bridal package hai," the receptionist signalled to one of the girls.
"Aajain madam, iss taraf," she took hold of the dress and jewelery, leading her into the bridal suite.
The bridal suite was spacious with a comfortable chair to sit on. There was a large mirror and white LED's brightened up the day like a sunny one in summer.

"Aap shirt badal lein, phir kaam shuru karte hain," the makeup artist, Shagufta politely told her.
Leading her to a large washroom. Giving her space to wear the frock. The next couple of hours, by whizzed She could not tell what had happened. All she remembered was telling her opinions on a few things and here she was, standing in front of the floor length mirror. Looking nothing short of a Hoor.

She had selected a white frock, covered in gold tilla work with tiny hints of lavender. The frock ended a few inches above her ankles. Giving view of the lavender gharara that had silver and golden detailing on the bottom. Her hair was in a bun and the lavender, heavy work filled duppata was set on top. For jewelery, she wore an ancestral gold set, with hints of white pearls. The set was actually Rizwan's mothers. Who had been gifted this by her mother-in-law. The particular set had been part of the family for decades. And so was of sheer importance.

The venue was open air

The venue was open air. A small stage set up with a flower wall in the background. Rizwan was already seated. Looking dashing in the white price coat. To match with his wife, the coat had lavender flowers on it. His hair styled in a perfect quiff. His signature Tom Ford scent, clouding the senses of those that were near him.

"Aain maulvi sahab beithain," the young man gestured to him to sit down. Smiling at him.
"JazakAllah," the maulvi sahab sat down. Taking out the forms and pens. They had just asked the bride for her consent and so seeing the ink on the page, made Rizwan happy.

"...... yeh Nikkah qabool hai?" The maulvi asked.
Rizwan hesitated. Thinking about what he was doing. He knew that someone was waiting for him. It was not fair. But his heart said something else.
"Qabool hai," the words rolled off of his tongue.
And that happened a second time and a third.
"Rizwan wald Rehman, kia aapko Rumaisa, dukhtar Abdul Rehman sai yeh Nikkah qabool hai?"
"Qabool hai," Rizwan replied for the third and final time.
Signing the document. He felt elated. He was finally tied in a nuptial bond to the woman he loved the most. Rumaisa Abdul Rehman. She was now Rumaisa Rizwan.

For most of his life he had hid this love of his. Knowing Mustafa too held feelings for her. However, some three years ago, Rumaisa had admitted to having feelings for him and since then they had been dating. And today, whilst his father and Mustafa thought he was going to Islamabad for a friends wedding, he had married Rumaisa with the consent of her family. In the presence of her parents. Whilst his own loved ones were all absent.

K A M A L M A N S I O N, D H A, LHR
●●●●¤¤●●●

Mustafa woke up that morning. Feeling dreadful. Outside his window, he could see the peaceful sparrows have a fight. Causing them to chirp loudly. And the trees swayed around due to the force of the strong, catastrophic winds. Outside, as he entered the dining room for breakfast, he was shocked to see such a plain, diet constricting breakfast. Apparently it was because Rumaisa was on diet. The whole day, Mustafa felt the absence of Rizwan.

Mustafa wanted to talk to him. Ever since he had been told that Rumaisa and Raees were getting married, he was happy. Making him think it was a tiny crush and not love after all. But still, in his heart he scolded Rizwan, for he had left him alone when he needed him the most.

●●●●¤¤●●●●