C H A P T E R 0 8 | T R A N S L A T E D |

T E A R S dripped from the bridge of her nose

T E A R S dripped from the bridge of her nose. Falling into her cupped palms. Her over weight body shaking with full force as sobs continued to wreck through her body. Jahan-ara's eyes were rimmed red, for she had spent much of her time after Fajar in crying. Her heart was full. To see the precious little children that she raised with warmth and love deviate from their duties hurt her more than it should have. Eventhough, she maintained the look of a strict, no nonsense woman, deep down it was all a facade she had made to keep herself safe from being hurt and yet that was what happened.

"Ya Allah! Iss sai tou behtar tha meray dil mein pathar rak deta. Kamaz kam apnay bachun ko zindagi mein pechay rehtay dekh kar dukh tou na hota. Kaash keh meray sinay mein in do bin maa keh bachun keh liye kabhi mohabbat hi na jaagti! Allah jab aulad di hai tou inkay dukh sai bhi bacha. Allah meri aulad ki zindagi khushiyon sai bhar dei!"
[Oh Lord! It would have been better than this that you had given me a stone for a heart. Atleast I would not have felt sad seeing them fail. I wish in my heart I would have never felt love for these motherless children. Allah when you have given me kids, then save me from their sorrows. Fill their life with happiness]
Jahan-ara cried to her Lord about the grief that filled her heart from top to bottom.

"Arey Jahan-ara begum iss dukh ko chod do. Jab apnay khuda par bharosa rakhthi ho tou phir aisay ansoon kiyun bahati ho? Chalo ab Rab ka shukr ada karo aur phir bahir aajao. Hoor tumhe charpai par na pa kar kahin valvala na macha dai,"
[Oh Jahan-ara leave this sadness. When you have faith in your Allah then why are you crying? Thank Allah and come outside. Not seeing you on your seat, Hoor might create a ruckus]
Kamal wrapped his arms around her shoulder, comforting her in his own manner.

"Aap sahi keh rahay hain Jamal sahab. Hoor tou bechari sab ki fiqr karti hai. Par hum hi uskay qabil nahi,"
[You are right Mr.Jamal. Hoor worries about everyone. It is us that are not worthy of her]
Jahan-ara spoke in a somber tone.
"Iss baat sai mein soo fisad mutafiq hun begum,"
[I agree with this statement a hundred percent]
Kamal agreed.

Providing Jahan-ara support to get up from the small wooden chair, on which she prayed. She gave out cries of pain as she stood, her knees unable to support her body.
"Meri dandi pakda dein,"
[Give me my stick]
she gestured to her age old companion, whilst giving her body support by leaning on the vanity in the meanwhile.
"Hai shukriya Jamal,"
[Oh thank you Jamal]
she thanked him and grabbed the wooden stick with full grip.