C H A P T E R 0 6 |T R A N S L A T E D |

T H E sterile smell of the hospital corridors was the first thing that hit the nostrils when you walked in

T H E sterile smell of the hospital corridors was the first thing that hit the nostrils when you walked in. The pristine white walls with equally pale tiles, metal stools hovering both sides of the long hallway that looked uncomfortable to sit on for more than ten minutes. Men and women in neatly ironed white coats walked with purpose only stopping occasionally to talk to a patients family.

Rizwan wheeled Mustafa inside the large hospital. As soon as they entered, they made their way to the receptionist getting their number for the therapist. Mustafa's therapist, Dr. Akbar was a renowned physiotherapist. Master at his art so it was no wonder that even on a Wednesday morning when people would typically be in their offices, a huge crowd had accumulated to meet the doctor who only did physical therapy once a week. Twice if he was feeling generous.

"Number twenty-three. That's four less than the last one. Sweet!" Rizwan exclaimed, delighted at the fact that they would have to wait a shorter amount of time.
"Intezar tou phir bhi 2 ghantay hi karna paray ga na?"
[Still going to have to wait two hours though isn't it?]
Mustafa sarcastically inquired from his extremely cheerful friend.
"Please man stop raining down on my happiness. You're just jealous you did not get my optimistic brain," Rizwan contorted his facial muscles. No way would one think on seeing them that one was an ideal businessman and the other an ideal secretary.

Time trickled by like a slow snail. One that is even slower than a normal snail. The number of people in the waiting room seemed to lessen and increase by the minute. The tiny space began to freak Mustafa out. He hated hospitals with a burning passion. If it was up to him he would stop coming to these useless exercise sessions. Hell Rizwan could give him the same at home. But no. Rizwan would never let him compromise on his health hence why it was mandatory to visit the over charging doctor. Who charged 15,000 rupees for a fifteen minute session. Not to forget the free three hour of waiting time.

"Rizwan mujhe ghutan ho rahai hai. Bhair le chal na,"
[Rizwan I feel suffocated. Please take me outside]
Mustafa whined to his assistant, friend and mother.
The man was truly a jack of all arts.
"Acha Mustafa bhai, mein aap ko bahir lawn mein le chalta hun".
[Alright Mustafa brother, I shall take you outside]
Rizwan smiled at the delicate man.
No matter how much Mustafa tried to act like a macho man, deep inside he was just a boy craving someone to pamper him aswell.

Since the large hospital was privately owned, it meant that it was a thousand times better than the government owned ones. With new state of the art technology and a lot gardens. That's right, the hospital covered a heft five hectares of land and had an abundance of lawns for the patients and their visitors to enjoy. The entire backside was covered in thick and lush greenery which was a pleasant and welcome contrast to the monotone whiteness of the interior of the place.