C H A P T E R 1 1

W I N D S blew through the crowded MM Alam road on the wonderful October Monday

W I N D S blew through the crowded MM Alam road on the wonderful October Monday. The fancy cars stopped one after the other at some fancy restaurants to enjoy the designated lunch break. Everyone that stepped out of the glossy cars was dressed better than the other, as if to show their wealth.

The popular road was home to some of the most renowned eateries as well as the chosen place for some household names such as HSY. The place was famous for being visited by the elite and upper classes that resided within the city of gardens. Nothing in the whole district could top the lavish-ness and presentation of the area. Hence why Mustafa's father had opted to build his office on the road named after the record breaking Air Force Pilot.

Rizwan got down from the Mercedes that he and Mustafa used as their daily drive. He could feel the gaze of people around him, the whispers reaching his ears. No matter how sophisticated the elite liked to act, at the end of the day, they too were addicted to the concept of  "gossip". Rizwan pulled out the new wheelchair they had bought for Mustafa. It was one that could be automatically driven. However, much to Mustafa's displeasure Rizwan would never let him drive himself around, instead claiming he felt honoured to serve him by pushing him around.

Rizwan pulled open the heavy black car door, providing Mustafa support to sit on the plush cushions of the wheel chair. The wheels began to roll smoothly against the tarmac floor of the parking, as Rizwan led Mustafa and himself to their ultimate favourite spot. Nando's.

"Good Afternoon sir! Welcome to Nando's. How many persons?" The server who was standing at the podium right next to the entrance inquired.
"Two". Rizwan politely smiled.
"Follow me please," the young woman turned on her heels and led them to a table next to the large windows, overlooking the small garden and the parking lot of the restaurant.
"Here are the menus. A waiter will join you momentarily to take your order". The kind waitress left them, leaving behind two menus for them.
For which they had no need. The two men knew their orders by heart at this point.

"Good Afternoon! I will be your waiter for the day. Are you ready to place your order?" A young boy in his twenties walked to their table. His name tag reading Jalil.
"Yes we are". Mustafa smiled.
"Yes. We will have two quarter chickens with wedges on the side. As well as 12 piece Peri bites," Rizwan ordered.
"What will be your spice level?" Jalil inquired.
"Both will be Mild. For drinks two cokes," Mustafa completed the order.
Jalil nodded and after telling them their estimated time, he walked away.

Rizwan and Mustafa sat in silence for a few minutes. With the former wondering in his head about how to break the news of his potential engagement. He had yet to meet the girl that had wowed his father so much in just the first meeting. Rizwan knew that he would not marry her, his heart belonged to another woman. One who was far more educated and matched his standards better than a girl who had infact never seen the face of an academic institution.