REUNION

I have been begging Vincent for days now to take me back to my old village. He's been refusing me bluntly, which is unusual considering he spoils me a lot. Although I don't ask anything he would provide every unnecessary things. Like a new room of wardrobe, he literally redesigns the palace just to add that to our spacious room. Apart from that he orders a personal chef for me, which I refuse since I could cook my own food. We argued about it and kept on insisting that I should just relax and let the chef cook for me. However, I did manage to convince him that I prefer my own dish. Seriously he hired forty maids to aid for my needs. Forty! Of course I let them go, and told Vincent that such number is too much. I am not disable and is capable of washing, brushing my teeth, bathing, and dressing myself!

Actually I haven't asked anything from Vincent but this...

"Please my love! Just for a bit... I just want to bury my family and give them a proper funeral. Please..." I say begining.

"No my love. No. There's nothing left but a carcass of decaying bodies. I don't want you to see such scene." He says not even looking at me.

Of course I know how to play this game. I know he's the most powerful vampire ever existed, but only I know his weakness.

I stayed quiet and did not speak for the rest of the day.

The silent treatment.

Vincent always told me that hearing my voice was already enough to make his day a grand celebration. I just don't have to talk to him and ignore him. And sure enough... It has been working like a charm.

Not a day later...

"My love... Why are you ignoring me."

I pretended not to listen.

"Please talk to me. Have I done something wrong that you punish me with such torment? At least look at me..." He says as he hold my hand stoping me from reading my book.

I was sitting at the burning fireplace, and he was resting his head on my lap. Running my hand as he kept on begging for my attention.

It's time.

Vincent became anxious when I did not say a word. His nose has been sensitive with my emotions, so when he scented my pain he looked up and faced me.

His impression was beyond shock when he saw my teary eyes. I've never seen him this distraught at all. He's used every soothing words he could think of, but none of them stopped me from crying.

"Why is my love crying... Tell me who made you cry and I shall end them." He said as his eyes turned crimson.

I cried harder and this startled him.

"You..." I say... Hardly finishing my sentence.

"Me?" He asked confused.

"You won't let me see my parents..." And I cried harder than ever. "I thought you love me... But you don't even let me see them..."

I blasted him with my tearful complains and begun to wipe my tears. He pulls me with his tight embrace and soothe me assurance that he will take me back to my old village.

Mission accomplished.

"I shall personally accompany you to your village. Now hush your tears and let me see those smiles. I pains me to see you in this state." He said as he gestures the maid to prepare the carriage.

"I... I just want to see them again..."

Everyone rejected me, but they took me in. Despite not being blood related they have treated me as their own. The least I can do is give them a beautiful resting place.