SETH

We got separated. The moment we heard a vicious growl, our bodies drag us to wherever our feet would instinctively go. Unfortunately Stephen and I choose different paths.

My chest heaves faster as I tried to escape the wolf that started chasing me. My eyes were not only wet with tears, but it is also a hindrance to my vision. I wipe the teardrops whenever I get the chance, and it seems my legs are ready to give out. I continued to ran and ran. The forest was dark and I kept on scratching myself from sharp branches I pass through. Leaves where getting thicker and thicker as I go deeper to the forest.

My arms were serving as my shield from the vines and leaves that blocked my path. I was so gathered in loosing the huge wolf behind me that I didn't notice the long drop of water that was right in front of me. I fell as my voice echoed throughout the place and a splash was heard at the end.

Thankfully I knew how to swim.

Unfortunately...

So did the wolf.

I did not waste time and swam to the shore. Despite my body that was screaming to rest, I couldn't. Not unless I want to get eaten. The wolf that jumped to the cliff morphed into a human. And fear rushed to my veins once again.

He's a werewolf!

When I try to get up and resume from running, my legs gave out. My body was already done. That's it.

The remaining of my energy I used it to crawl away from the man. The forest was too dark to see his face but his eyes were enough to tell me he was not pleased. I was too afraid to utter a word.

...

"Seth, my childhood friend. We got separated that day. I wanted to go after him but I was already captured by you... Please... Vincent... Help me find him."

Vincent wanting to please his mate agreed without hesitation. Although he did not wish to break the news that there might be a possibility that he may be already dead, if not then dying.

"I will send our best trackers to find him my love."

Stephen put his head on Vincent's shoulders and clasp his arm, getting comfortable with his warmth.

" Thank you. Seth is really important to me. He is like a brother, and I can't afford to lose him too. This....if you find him I will forgive you."

'I will forgive you'

Like echoes, those words repeated on his ears and perked his head, capturing a new sense of motivation. This was it. His chance of redemption. If he finds this boy this would change everything.

But there was one problem.

"My love... What if he's no longer with us?"

As much as he hates to see his mate's sad expression, it would be best to tell him now. He'll be able to prep his mind if so ever Seth had already died.

"He's alive." Stephen said firmly. "I know Seth is alive. I can feel it. I may not be able to explain what I feel but... He is alive."

Vincent, having knowing the peculiarities of his mate he believe him. Stephen is anything but human. He was sure of it.

" Very well, my love. I shall find him."

On that same day Vincent commanded his best tracker to search for this boy named Seth. Trackers are type of vampires that can track anyone through their sensitive sense of smell. An object that has been owned or recently touched by the person to be found can be traced. Sounds common. Even the lowest species have those, but these trackers can visualize the senery and foresee what happened on that spot. There were no necessary conclusion, only certainty.