INNOCENCE

I tried to stop the bleeding but it was cut too deep.

The vampires tried their best to help by not helping... I could understand. They were holding their breath and scurried hurriedly away from that place.

The man I bumped earlier was showing a terrified look.

He looked at my bleeding arm and repeated 'forgive me' like a mantra.

"Hey... it's fine... it wasn't your fault." I said trying to reassure him even though the pain on my arm makes me want to scream.

I was about to reach out to him when suddenly a bellowing voice that was no mistakenly belong to the king;

"What happened here"

The poor vampire shook in fear.

As for me...

I couldn't stop looking at him on the eyes, trying to see if he was being murderous at this time.

When he lowered his gaze and stopped at my bleeding arm. His silver eyes was once again glowed, but this time it was crimson.

It hurts...

I was cut too deep...

But the pain seems to be not bothering me, the look of that maid, made me divert myself into thinking to some other other things. Things like... calming this innocent girl down. But she wasn't listening to me... She was staring at my injured arm and kept repeating "I'm sorry" like a mantra.

When Vincent arrived at such poor time we locked eyes together for a moment, then he sniffs the air and realized that it was me who was filtering the air with my scent, my Blood.

Walter came in seconds after Vincent's eyes turned crimson red.

The maids, servants and everyone inside that room bowed their heads, kissing the floor.

I tried hiding my bleeding arm, but I know it was futile, considering he could smell blood from miles away. He took his steps towards me much slower that I expected, usually he would use his speed to stop me. But this time he took his time. I never looked away from his gaze, I couldn't... I could see he was fighting himself... fighting not to let his lust for blood control him. With only an inch separates us he grab my arm and asked me with the most blood-curdling voice;

"Who.did.this.to.you?"

There was no room for lies at this point...

I didn't want to tell the truth... It would surely harm the girl who didn't meant for things to escalate this far.

"Answer me!" he suddenly raised his voice making me flinch from my post. I tried to distance myself away from him but he was determine to have an answer.

"It was the maid, my lord."

We turned our heads towards the voice. The maid shook in fear as Vincent's eyes is now looking at him, anytime... he could just rip her apart.

"It was an accident your majesty! I didn't mean to hurt him!" She begged lowing her head as tears stream down her cheeks.

However, Vincent didn't seem to care of what she was trying to explain. With one step he was now in front of the girl. He grabbed her by the neck and lifted her above ground. I hurriedly went to his side and pulled the maid away from his grasp but his effort was futile.

"Stop! She didn't mean any harm! Let her go!" I said as I try to ease the pain the girl was suffering.

I looked for help but they were all avoiding their gazes, I even asked help from  Welter but he too divert his eyes and lowered his head in shame. Then my gaze landed on the man responsible for this mess. He was smiling at me.... He seems to be enjoying what was happening... It gave me chills as his gaze resembles a predator.