FEAR

'' Stephen where are you going!''

''I am leaving! I can't stay here. I'm sorry Welter but... I need to leave.''

Frantic pleas echoed in the empty hallway as Welter tried his utmost best to stop Stephen from leaving the palace.

Stephen fastens his pace as Welter hot on his trail. He turned right then left until he saw a corner where he could hide and lose Welter, fortunately for him it worked. Welter pass through him as he had planned. Continuing from his path he was indeed unfamiliar with the new spot in the palace. He had four choices; front, back, left or right. He could not decide which to choose, however, he was forced to whichever his feet would take him when he heard Welter called out his name from somewhere. He ran to his right until he was running out of breath. Taking his time to rest and just breath he realizes that the room is getting dark as he would have walked further to the hallway. Going back would mean getting caught so he continues to follow the path- not knowing it would lead to another prison hell.

After almost an hour of walking it was finally too dark for him to see, he grabbed the nearest torchlight he could see and continue on his trail. He was then greeted with stairs that looked like it leads the lower floor. With every step, he takes it would always leave an after sound effect that echoes due to the narrow wall. When he was finally on his last step Stephen stepped on something wet and fell along with his last remaining light. Having no light he struggles to get up and to know the source of his fall. It was wet. He thought as he touched the ground as he used the palms of his hands for support. The place was foul and unpleasant to the smell.

"Where am I?" He said as he brawls towards a bolder and hurt his nose on the process.

"Ow! My nose!" He clenches his now aching face as he melees the urge to scream.

As he continues to whine but then he faintly hears a voice that stopped him from what he was doing.

"Who's there?"

No answer.

"Please... I am not good when dealing with a ghost. Don't show yourself and leave me be." Stephen said as he shivers in fright. He kept himself in silence listening for another sound. When seconds past and there was no answer he was relieved.

"Must be my imagination-"

"Help me...."

Yet he was interrupted with a raspy voice that called for help, but this time it was much louder.

Stephen flinch and stepped backward until he clangs on somewhat like a metal bar. Surprised by the sudden coldness of the metal he was frozen still.

The voice who was calling for help was never heard again, but that doesn't mean it was time to relax. Like a blind man, he relied on his other senses. He closed his eyes and listen. And how he regretted that action.

Because at that moment he realized... there was someone behind him.

The breath of another person was touching his nape.

He was too late to react when it suddenly grabbed him from the wrist. He screamed in fright. He pulled his hand with his might but the grip was too firm. It pulled him further in until he was kissing the cold metal bars- the only thing that separates them both.

"Help me..."

He could not see but he was sure that this man was immobile, due to the reason for the clanging chains he hears as he struggles to get free.

"Let me go! Let me go!" He screamed as he pulls himself free.

As he yanks his hand the grip was suddenly released causing him to fall flatly on his chest.