MAGE

After packing everything Vincent escorted Stephen inside the carriage. The path is cold and he made sure to keep him warm and comfortable even in short notice. Before Vincent went inside with Stephen he first talked to Welter.

"Welter... As head butler of the castle I trust that you will handle all the affairs while I'm gone." Vincent sternly said.

Welter took a graceful bow and reassured Vincent that he will take responsibility.

"Take this ring. I am sure rodents will come lurking out while I am away. If that happens I give you permission to execute them. You hold this ring and you hold my power." Vincent slip off his ring, a symbol of his house, and handed it to Welter. Welter accepted it made sure to heed his King's command.

"Your highness, May I bid farewell to his majesty?" Vincent nodded in approvement and Welter went inside the carriage.

"Welter! You're coming too?" Stephen asked getting excited.

"Unfortunately no. I'm just here to say my goodbyes and to wish you a safe trip." Welter said to which Stephen detectingly lowering his head.

"I see..." Stephen said in his monotone voice.

"I know you don't want to leave, but trust me... You'll benefit from this departure. We will be waiting for your return." Welter announced in a lively voice trying to lighten up the situation. "You don't have to worry about anything. I'll have the maids take good care of the garden. So when you return after winter they'll be in full bloom."

Stephen was only quite, keeping his head very low. He only nodded in response to Welter's remarks.

"It's time." Vincent announced and Welter went down the carriage and Vincent rode inside.

Welter stood among the servants of the palace awaiting the departure of their king. They had two carriage in total. One for them, and the others are for their belongings and two servants assisting Stephen at the mountains.

Welter watched as he the carriage slowly vanishes from his line of sight. After finally confirming their presence to be gone, he immediately switched personalities. He quickly turned into a more intimidating individual who can handle all the estates affairs.

The maids were aware of this personality. Actually, this is the real Welter they know. The sweet Welter Stephen know, was only reserve for Stephen to experience. Right now, Welter had one command from his king. To protect the Kingdom during his absence.

...

The ride was silent. Stephen kept his head low, never instigating eye contact with Vincent. Of course the vampire felt hurt, but he could understand why he is acting like a dejected puppy.

"My love... Look at me." Vincent called, begging for attention.

Stephen reluctantly raises his head and looked at Vincent. Stephen's eyes were puffy and red after crying all night not wanting to leave his side. Although Vincent finds this adorable, he still felt guilty. He's responsible for this.

While they sit the opposite direction Vincent signaled Stephen to come closer, and like an obedient puppy he climbs on top of Vincent and clasp at his neck, succumbing into his scent. The feeling of each other's warmth is harmonizing. It is such a shame that they'll have to deprive themselves from this warmth.

"Stay as close to me... So when I leave your side, you will always feel my presence." Vincent said close to his ears in whisper.

Stephen shivered from his close contact and just buried himself deep into Vincent. After that there was silence... A peaceful one... Until suddenly the carriage went into a halt. This alerted Vincent but made sure not to make it visible in order not to scare his beloved.