Chp. 1: Just a Kid

"Tag you're it!" I yell. My friend starts chasing me and I run through the playground dodging kids and parents. I look back but keep running. I run into something and fall backwards into the ground. I rub my forehead and look up. I see my mom staring back at me obviously mad.

"Oh my god! Alyssa there you are" she says as she puts her hand out for me to get up. I take it and get up.

"Hi Mommy!" I start to walk away but she grabs by arm and pulls me back.

"You're supposed to call me mother. And did you forget about your lesson today?"

"Maybe..." I start to trail off.

"Well, we're leaving now," she grabs me and drags me to the carriage. We arrive at the house and get out. I'm only 10 so it seems a lot bigger to me than it is.

"Now go get your dress and change" she says getting out of the carriage but I am already on the porch.

I go upstairs to my room and see a baby pink dress on my bed. Ugh I hate dresses.

5 years later

My mom comes into my room and says Mrs. Whitby will be here soon.

"Don't forget to-"

"Change into my dress. Yep got it" I interrupt her. She rolls her eyes and walks out and closes the door.

"Hmm, what will be my newest project?" I dig through my drawers and find a flowery maxi dress.

"Perfect!" And then I get to work. I cut a bit here and there, tear off some ruffles, and look down at it. I change into it and look at myself in the mirror. It is now a short v-neck dress. Much more scandalous and much more exciting. I have never liked long dresses. They just limit me so much. I admire my work for a bit then decide to go downstairs. I don't want to be late again.

"Oh thank you, Miss Alyssa for joining us" Miss Whitby says as she turns around.

"That is not proper for a woman of your class to wear!" At this my mom comes rushing in. Her face immediately changes when she sees my dress.

"ALYSSA, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" she yells at me.

"I felt like spicing it up a bit"

"Go to your room and don't come out all night. I will check on you in the morning."

"God i'm just a fucking kid!" I yell at her.

"You know that language is not appreciated missy!"

I stomp up to my room making sure they can hear my every step. It may seem childish but at this point I don't care. I sit in my room for a few minutes then quietly open my door and start to go downstairs for a snack. I hear my mom and Mrs. Whitby talking and I decide to listen in on their conversation.

"I'm not sure what to do with her Mrs. Whitby." I hear my mom say.

"Would you like to know what I suggest?" Mrs. Whitby offers.

"That would be most appreciated"

"I think you should send her to finishing school. I know of a great one in Canada" They go back and forth on this finishing school idea and decide what to do.

"She will be on her way in the morning. Thank you for your guidance Mrs. Whitby." My jaw drops and I run back up to my room. I've lost all my appetite. I have had an idea of running away for awhile but there was never a good chance. Tonight was my chance.

I grab a bag and stuff it with clothes, money, and a few other things. Once I'm done packing everything I need, I open my window and jump down. I land and fall scraping my leg on a thorn bush. I try my hardest not to scream in pain so they don't hear me. I start walking with a limp in my leg and keep going not caring where I'll end up.

———————————————————————————
Omg the first chapters done! I hope you liked it. I know the beginning is a little slow but it will pick up in the next chapter. Please like and comment it would mean so much to me. By the way this is the dress below. It's Betty's from Riverdale. All of the dresses I'll use are from movies and tv series so I'll add where they're from.

 All of the dresses I'll use are from movies and tv series so I'll add where they're from