Chp. 13: Alyssa Menken

"Alyssa Menken" Those 2 words are enough to make my whole body go numb.

"Whoeva that is their mom is looking for em at the bridge" My heart starts beating so fast I can't hear anything. I told them my last name was Menken, so naturally they all look at me. Their mouths are moving but I can't hear any of it. My heartbeat feels like it is gonna pop out of my ears any second.

I run to the door and out of the cabin. I run to the bridge and keep running. I decide to go to Manhattan because I can't stay here and I cant go to Queens. I don't want Nick to know my mom is here. So I just keep running.

My legs start to give out so I look around me for somewhere to go. I am now in Manhattan but I've only been here a few times. I don't know where anything is. Wait that's not true! I know where Medda's is. Surely she'll let me in. It's late though so I guess I'll go just have to see her tomorrow.

~~~~
I wake up to the bright shiny sun on my face. I decided to sleep on the streets for the night by a pub called Tibby's.

After my eyes adjust I start looking around for Medda's. It isn't right next to me so I get up and start walking for a bit. I see a big boxing ring. I stay and watch for a bit because I'm in no hurry.

Then I see some boys on the other side get up and start running. Then there's a big chase between the boys and a fancy rich looking man. The boys run away from the ring and I keep walking.

I eventually find Medda's and go inside. I go in through a door that I know isn't the front. I walk in and look around. I'm backstage just like last time. Except I don't see Medda. I go through another set of doors and see her talking with some boys. I walk over to them and she sees me.

She walks over to me and pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead.

"You came back!"

"Yeah and I'm not sure where I'm gonna go after" I laugh.

She gives me a strange look but I shake it off. The 3 boys she was talking to turn around and I recognize them from the chase in the square. One of them looks about 17 and has blonde hair and a pretty plain outfit. The other looks a lot younger maybe only a year and has a blue striped shirt and a brown vest on. He's a brunette. The last one is much younger and has a big smile plastered on his face.

"Hey your the guys that fancy big shot was chasin"

"Jack Kelly at your service" The oldest one says. He walks towards me and bows. I chuckle and he does too.

"And you are?"

"This is Camryn Menken" Medda says as she sends me a wink.

"I used to be good friends with her father"

"Well nice ta meet ya Miss Menken"

"Please call me Camryn" He nods.

"Who are your two brothers over there" I nod to the other two boys standing there.

"Oh theys not me bruddas. But this is David and Les Jacobs" He gestures to them both as he says their names.

"Nice to meet you two as well"

"Oh I gotta go perform. Don't go anywhere!"

(Cue Medda's Performance cuz I'm too lazy to write the lyrics)

"So did you like the show"

"Yeah it was great" The other boys agree with me.

"So why did you come here Camryn?" Medda asks. I swear she can be just like a mother sometimes.