Chp. 2: The King of Brooklyn

I stop and look around to try and tell where I am. I've been walking all night and I'm really tired. It's light out so I can finally see my surroundings and I don't see anything except a big bridge. I look at it for a little longer and notice that it's the Brooklyn Bridge. I've read about it and seen pictures before but it's something else up close.

I finish walking the bridge and I sit down on some docks and see a bunch of boys jumping and playing in the water. I take my shoes off and roll up my jeans to look at my leg. Then one of them comes up to me.

"What do ya think you're doin' goil?" says a boy who looks about 17 and is soaking wet. I quickly roll down my jeans to cover my leg.

"Oh uhm..."

"Aye, leave that pretty goil alone Shoots" I hear a mysterious voice say. I look behind me and see there's no other girls.

"Yes you, dummy" I look forward again and see a boy hop down from some crates. A very attractive boy. He has trousers with red suspenders and a button up shirt. His hair is in a cap and he has a cane in his hand.

"Now why did you come ta Brooklyn, Princess" He looks down at me since he's standing and I'm sitting down. He kneels down so he's eye level with me and I notice his beautiful green eyes.

"I have a name you know" I say, looking into his eyes.

He gets up and crosses his arms leaning on the crates.

"What are you guys, the junior sheriff department or something?"

All of the boys burst out into laughter. I don't understand how that's so funny but whatever.

"Junior Sheriff Department?" He repeats. By now all of the other boys are watching our conversation.

"That's what I said. Well, I should get going. Good day to you all" I stand up and stumble a bit but keep walking and I am stopped by 2 older boys. One of which was the one that stopped me before

"You can't just walk 'outta here without tellin' us something about ya." I roll my eyes and walk over to him and look him in the eyes. I think about it a bit and realize I can't use my real name.

"My name's Camryn Menken" Shit.

"I mean~"

"Nice to meet ya Camryn Menken" I shouldn't have used my real last name but I can't take it back now.

"I'm Spot. But ya may know me better as the King of Brooklyn" King of Brooklyn? Man this guy's got an ego bigger than my estate. He spits into his hand and holds it out. I shudder and push it away. That's disgusting.

"King of Brooklyn? Yeah, ok" I turn around and this time no guards stop me.

"Ya got somewhere to stay tonight Camryn?" Spot yells after me.

"No, but if you're offering then I do now" I turn around and smirk.

"You'll bunk with Jess" he says. I have absolutely no idea who Jess is I just hope he doesn't smell.

"Great, lead the way" I follow Spot into a cabin with a bunch of bunk beds. He leads me into a cabin that has a separate room with 2 sets of bunk beds.

"Here's where yous stayin' tonight Camryn"

"Thanks" Spot leaves the room and closes the door. I change into my pajamas and climb up to the top bunk and fall straight asleep.

———————————————————————————
Yay!! Spots in it! What do you guys think so far. Do you like it? hate it? let me know in the comments. Don't forget to vote 😁. See you in the next chapter. I also wanted to say sorry in advance because the chapters are probably gonna become a lot longer by the end.